The Josh Rosen Hype / Rumor Train to Buffalo

The BILLievers

16 minutes ago, davidderion said:

Jeff Datlington spoke with Beane who said that the Bills do have one QB who they truly covet but obviously won’t say who. And Beane also said that we aren’t going to seriously risk the future by trading a ridiculous amount of picks to move up

Makes sense.

Everything Bean has done since he's been here has been calculated and moving towards this point. That's why I don't by the Allen hype as that would not be a calculated risk he could take. 

Here's my prediction based on neither the Giants nor Denver taking a QB.

Cleveland = Darnold, all the hype about Allen at #1 is just garbage by fans who want Darnold for themselves!!!

Jets = Mayfield He's a culture changer who provides leadership, talent and competitiveness

Buffalo = Allen we trade up with either the Browns or Denver, likely Denver

Rosen = falls out of the top 5 and maybe even the top 10 due to injury concerns

16 hours ago, davidderion said:

Jeff Datlington spoke with Beane who said that the Bills do have one QB who they truly covet but obviously won’t say who. And Beane also said that we aren’t going to seriously risk the future by trading a ridiculous amount of picks to move up

Thats not what was said......Beane said that there is at least one qb that he feels like is franchise material and that he has the ammo to move up to 2 if need be with out risking future draft picks however he doesnt feel like he will need to go that high....

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I honestly can't remember a draft where there are/were 3 legitimate guys who could go number 1 and no one outside a handful of people know who it is.

2004 but I think it was more rivers/eli then it was big ben. Either way this could be exciting or a real downer for bills fans based on what actually happens....IM still not buying baker to Browns everything Dorsey has been about in his career is big qbs with big arms and hands. Mayfield doesnt fit that to me. 

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

2004 but I think it was more rivers/eli then it was big ben. Either way this could be exciting or a real downer for bills fans based on what actually happens....IM still not buying baker to Browns everything Dorsey has been about in his career is big qbs with big arms and hands. Mayfield doesnt fit that to me. 

I was only 12 during that draft and all I really remember was my dad bad mouthing the Manning family xD

I tend to agree about Mayfield and the fit for Dorsey, however, if McCloughan has enough sway on his opinion then Mayfield could be the pick. I wouldn't believe it if it wasn't for Scheftner tweeting out about it too. 

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

I was only 12 during that draft and all I really remember was my dad bad mouthing the Manning family xD

I tend to agree about Mayfield and the fit for Dorsey, however, if McCloughan has enough sway on his opinion then Mayfield could be the pick. I wouldn't believe it if it wasn't for Scheftner tweeting out about it too. 

True but it comes down to Dorsey and what he wants as he is the decision maker...It will be interesting but mayfield going #1 could mess the draft plans including the bills. I feel that jets and bills are gunning for the same 2 guys mayfield and rosen if thats the case then the bills NEED to get to 2 and take rosen before Jets are at 3 or the bills may not go QB in the draft or even worse settle for Allen/lamar/rudolph at 12 which is a huge let down in my eyes.

Archived