The Josh Rosen Hype / Rumor Train to Buffalo

The BILLievers

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

True but it comes down to Dorsey and what he wants as he is the decision maker...It will be interesting but mayfield going #1 could mess the draft plans including the bills. I feel that jets and bills are gunning for the same 2 guys mayfield and rosen if thats the case then the bills NEED to get to 2 and take rosen before Jets are at 3 or the bills may not go QB in the draft or even worse settle for Allen/lamar/rudolph at 12 which is a huge let down in my eyes.

I think Mayfield and Darnold are both gone by 3 no matter who goes 1st overall. 

IMO Buffalo is looking at Allen and Rosen in the 4-6 range.

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

I think Mayfield and Darnold are both gone by 3 no matter who goes 1st overall. 

IMO Buffalo is looking at Allen and Rosen in the 4-6 range.

Well after those tweets Allen put out back in High School and are resurfacing now, that guy may fall if browns dont pull the trigger at 1 for him. 

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Well after those tweets Allen put out back in High School and are resurfacing now, that guy may fall if browns dont pull the trigger at 1 for him. 

I gotta say I am shocked this isn't getting more attention on the network or social media. I saw one tweet from Adam scheftner saying he apologized and that's it. 

I personally think everything that's popped up is 100% wrong and disgusting of him. But I also understand a 15 year old kid doesn't understand what he is doing nor do I believe that is the same person today. It'll be very interesting if he falls and if the draftnits bring it up. 

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

I gotta say I am shocked this isn't getting more attention on the network or social media. I saw one tweet from Adam scheftner saying he apologized and that's it. 

I personally think everything that's popped up is 100% wrong and disgusting of him. But I also understand a 15 year old kid doesn't understand what he is doing nor do I believe that is the same person today. It'll be very interesting if he falls and if the draftnits bring it up. 

While on the one hand, 15 years old is more than old enough to know better. On the other, he's a sheltered white kid from the burbs and hill country of course he's the kind of kid that thinks he's edgy and uses the N-word to show how cool he is.

It should impact him but the more egregious thing and the primary reason I'd knock him for it (because the fact that he did it doesn't surprise me, if it was Rosen I would be a little more surprised) is because how dumb do you have to be to not delete those tweets?

It is clearly wrong even at 15 years old, I know kids make mistakes and I cant judge any of these guys for it but when the league is a majority of color it will be hard for guys to come around. just look how it went for Riley Cooper not saying thats the same thing as he was a grown man but it caused a major rift in Philly for that. You already are judged before stepping foot in to that locker room now and having veterans who have been on the team 5+ years isnt going to take you seriously 

@Thelonebillsfan @soflbillsfan

I didn't want to quote multiple post.

I 100% it was wrong and plain stupid and should be a cause for concern. My one question is though, what are the chances teams already knew this stuff? I mean they hire PI to do background checks etc, it isn't that unlikely that they had an intern go through every single tweet of a QB they're looking at drafting.

There is also this (again not trying to justify it by any means, I just wonder if teams will care as much as fans will):

A theory two people in the past hour now have floated: another team plotted to have Josh Allen’s racially insensitive tweets put out just before the draft in order to increase the chances he would fall in the draft to that team.

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

@Thelonebillsfan @soflbillsfan

I didn't want to quote multiple post.

I 100% it was wrong and plain stupid and should be a cause for concern. My one question is though, what are the chances teams already knew this stuff? I mean they hire PI to do background checks etc, it isn't that unlikely that they had an intern go through every single tweet of a QB they're looking at drafting.

There is also this (again not trying to justify it by any means, I just wonder if teams will care as much as fans will):

A theory two people in the past hour now have floated: another team plotted to have Josh Allen’s racially insensitive tweets put out just before the draft in order to increase the chances he would fall in the draft to that team.

Im sure teams knew about this they comb through their entire lives however its an internal thing and wont catch much grief by drafting him without people up in arms....Now that it is public people may pressure the GM for not taking them. This is why I think Dorsey is keeping quiet on what he is going to do cause he knows Allen is the right fit for the team but having this come out may damper some people inside the organization....Also players may not have been aware of this now that it is publicly they are and will judge him for it.

With the issues rising with kneeling and such this puts the league in a dilemma as well, you can say its okay to be racist but its not okay to take a stance on issues like police brutality etc...This is just me spit balling on the takes maybe its a big issue maybe its a small issue for what ever team that takes him.

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

With the issues rising with kneeling and such this puts the league in a dilemma as well, you can say its okay to be racist but its not okay to take a stance on issues like police brutality etc...This is just me spit balling on the takes maybe its a big issue maybe its a small issue for what ever team that takes him.

This is why I think Rosen is falling. His outspoken political views and the hat he wore to a gold tournament are going to make teams weary, even if he is clearly the best passer in the draft.

This is why I think Rosen is falling. His outspoken political views and the hat he wore to a gold tournament are going to make teams weary, even if he is clearly the best passer in the draft.

Which is why I am praying that enough teams are stupid enough that he slips out of the top 5. He's EASILY the best prospect in this draft.

9 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Which is why I am praying that enough teams are stupid enough that he slips out of the top 5. He's EASILY the best prospect in this draft.

I think this is what Big Baller Beane is hoping for as well. 

He didn't wait around in FA  letting all the QB's go to not grab a day 1 starter in the draft

Archived