The Josh Rosen Hype / Rumor Train to Buffalo

The BILLievers

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Ha! I can honestly see the media writing stories about his ego for wearing #1 and how he's a me first guy or some classic BS.

Flat out the negative attention he's gotten the whole process while this Josh Allen stuff has basically been just brushed off REALLY rubs me the wrong way.

I hope so damn bad we get this kid.

Heres my theory and maybe its a reach maybe its not but the Giants will trade down. Heres why, Giants may go Qb but will sit the bench 2-3 years as Eli Manning is the face of the franchise for the last 14 and will retire a Giant if he doesnt have a a serious injury like his brother. So drafting a qb will mean a waste for right now, giving them one less piece to use week 1. They can go Chubb or Barkley, but will one of those make such a massive impact that will put them above the rest in the NFC East with the holes they have to fill on oline and defense? To me I say No. You have the eagles coming off a superbowl win with your franchise qb coming back from injury, the moves they have made this offseason have been promising compared to what they had during the season which gets them even better. You then have Washington who traded for their guy on offense and brought back some key pieces to contend if Alex Smith is the upgrade over Kirk then they should feel very confident with the rest of the injureed players coming back to contend for the division. Then you have the Cowboys, whether Dak is the guy or not they have a solid offense with the oline and run game. Not to mention their defense is just shy of a DT and a Safety to be competitive....That being said the giants holes can be plugged with later round picks but the few they can get from the bills to fill their needs may be something they would prefer over one stud player and 1 average player and 3 mediocre players or you land 4 solid players and 2 average players given the compensation the bills would be willing to part with. This is why I think Giants make the trade with the bills. Gettleman wants to win now not later so why build a team for his successor by staying the course and drafting a Qb at 2 rather then being competitive this year. One thing is for sure I am so glad the bills are not in the NFC because there are so many teams ready to win now then there are in the AFC.

17 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

God dammit Josh Allen had to be one of those cringy little white kids who uses the N-word and be stupid enough not to delete those tweets.

Hadn't heard this, so went looking. Yeah, not comfortable with "learned a lot in the last 6 years"...at 15 you know right from wrong. Publicity team had to go to work to try to smother these flames. Ugh! I feel even worse about this pick now.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/26/17284170/josh-allen-deleted-tweets-draft

20 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Hadn't heard this, so went looking. Yeah, not comfortable with "learned a lot in the last 6 years"...at 15 you know right from wrong. Publicity team had to go to work to try to smother these flames. Ugh! I feel even worse about this pick now.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/26/17284170/josh-allen-deleted-tweets-draft

Wow. Those are actually worse than the stuff I initially saw. That's definitely not great a look or a great way to start your NFL career. I think we've all done some stupid stuff at 15 so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt but it's definitely not something you want someone on your team to be associated with. 

For the record I don't think he has any sort of those feelings whatsoever. Him talking about his relationship with Eddie Yarbrough was really cool to see and you could tell he was genuinely very, very close with him. 

On 26/04/2018 at 10:01 AM, Thelonebillsfan said:

While on the one hand, 15 years old is more than old enough to know better. On the other, he's a sheltered white kid from the burbs and hill country of course he's the kind of kid that thinks he's edgy and uses the N-word to show how cool he is.

It should impact him but the more egregious thing and the primary reason I'd knock him for it (because the fact that he did it doesn't surprise me, if it was Rosen I would be a little more surprised) is because how dumb do you have to be to not delete those tweets?

Is this post for real? I didn't know you knew Josh Allen personally?

What would this this forum do if I made a claim suggesting a kid who made a mistake was a "Thug black kid from the hood ?"

The double standard, stereo type in this message is preposterous and this isn't the attitude or proper way to address a problem that is plaguing your country. 

When I was in my teens I did alot worse than reciting rap lyrics on twitter as I'm sure you have as well bro

16 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Is this post for real? I didn't know you knew Josh Allen personally?

What would this this forum do if I made a claim suggesting a kid who made a mistake was a "Thug black kid from the hood ?"

The double standard, stereo type in this message is preposterous and this isn't the attitude or proper way to address a problem that is plaguing your country. 

When I was in my teens I did alot worse than reciting rap lyrics on twitter as I'm sure you have as well bro

So what song is "Heil *******" from? ICP? Sorry, just not willing to make excuses just to feel good about the pick.

Admittedly, this is a sore topic for me. One of my friends when I was in grade school moved away because someone thought burning a cross in his front yard was somehow taking a stand for some stupid ideology. I've also been jumped by 5 guys who recognized me from a moment when I was hanging out with someone who thought it was funny to call others racially charged names. The same kind of crap Allen tweeted. Of course, that dillweed never had the huevos to step up and admit it was him, but he also wasn't on blast to millions of people or looking at millions of dollars in future income...

Archived