The Josh Rosen Hype / Rumor Train to Buffalo

The BILLievers

12 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

If we do it this early it has to be to #2. No way do i want to risk missing out on our top 2 choices. I really think Cleveland is taking Allen. Idk if it will be at 1 or 4 yet but the Tyrod move screams it to me because i think the other 3 guys should be ready to start week 1. 

I think they will be drafting Barkley #1 and then trading back... Maybe for Lamar and have Tyrod be his mentor

18 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I think they will be drafting Barkley #1 and then trading back... Maybe for Lamar and have Tyrod be his mentor

I think they take Barkley #1 but I do not see them trading back with 4th pick. Sachi Brown got canned cause he passed over all these qbs and wasnt aggressive in free agency. New Gm is coming in to put a stamp on this team and get them going again. I cannot see them pass on a qb at 4 because of tyrod taylor. He is solely a bridge and backup mentor. Landing Darnold or allen at 4 is something they will expect and they will compete with Tyrod in training camp and likely take over mid season unless tyrod comes in and proves people like us wrong and starts throwing the ball. Browns havent had a capable bridge qb in years so by having him it will allow their rookie to learn rather then being tossed in to the fire like they did with Manziel, weeden, and kizer. 

On 3/10/2018 at 9:37 AM, soflbillsfan said:

I think they take Barkley #1 but I do not see them trading back with 4th pick. Sachi Brown got canned cause he passed over all these qbs and wasnt aggressive in free agency. New Gm is coming in to put a stamp on this team and get them going again. I cannot see them pass on a qb at 4 because of tyrod taylor. He is solely a bridge and backup mentor. Landing Darnold or allen at 4 is something they will expect and they will compete with Tyrod in training camp and likely take over mid season unless tyrod comes in and proves people like us wrong and starts throwing the ball. Browns havent had a capable bridge qb in years so by having him it will allow their rookie to learn rather then being tossed in to the fire like they did with Manziel, weeden, and kizer. 

I agree with everything except, Cleveland will take their QB at #1 overall, their owner will definitely make that happen, because the Brown's fan base would be in open rebellion if they don't. Dorsey is no fool as you said, he knows that passing on QB's got Sachi fired and he will in no way follow that route.

It will be Darnold or Allen, Darnold if it was today, but the scouts and GM's will want to see how Allen has progressed after spending 2 month with a pro type QB coach at his pro day. Teams are looking for any reason to draft Allen and his pro day could provide them with a solid reason!!!

Then the Giants and the Colts will decide what Cleveland does at #4, they could be open to trade the pick if both the Giants and the Colts pass on QB's, or they will take Barkley if he is still there or Chubb or Fitzpatrick, they will have many options, but it will all come down to what the Giants and Colts do!!!

Realistically, we might have an outside shot at Mayfield, I give it about 20% or we draft Jackson, I give it 90%, take it or leave it. Unfortunately, neither Keenum nor Bridgewater have arms that are suitable for our weather, so neither is an option for us.

9 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Baker Mayfield is growing on me by the interview. I believe he has the highest floor of all the big 5 and has off the chart intangibles. He's my guy right now for us 

Going into this process, I wanted no part of him. I'm with you on the interview part. He's growing on me. The more film I watch the more I like him too. I still have Rosen as my clear #1 guy by I think Mayfield leaped ahead of Darnold for me.

2 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Going into this process, I wanted no part of him. I'm with you on the interview part. He's growing on me. The more film I watch the more I like him too. I still have Rosen as my clear #1 guy by I think Mayfield leaped ahead of Darnold for me.

Image result for dark side gif

You are all coming over now!! xD

I still got Darnold and Rosen as the top Tier with Mayfield and Allen on the next tier. I don't necessarily have them far apart, but as a reference I would be comfortable drafting Darnold and Rosen in the Top 5 pick range where I think Mayfield and Allen should be picked in the 7-13 range. Not a big difference, but a difference none the less.

11 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

So how do we react when we find out the Browns are indeed going Darnold at 1 and Beane doesn't like Rosens injury history?

Far too many "experts" projecting Allen to Buffalo for my liking.

I'm on the fence with Josh Allen. We're pretty much moving to 2,3,4 or bust because Denver and NYJ aren't dealing out with a QB need imo. Allen to Denver makes most sense with the Keenum signing 

My QB Big Board goes

Rosen

Mayfield

Darnold

Allen

Jackson

26 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

So how do we react when we find out the Browns are indeed going Darnold at 1 and Beane doesn't like Rosens injury history?

Far too many "experts" projecting Allen to Buffalo for my liking.

I can only speak for myself but: riot. 

Not a fan of him at all and especially spending that kind of draft capital on him. That being said I think the front office deserves the benefit of the doubt. 

Archived