The Josh Rosen Hype / Rumor Train to Buffalo

The BILLievers

20 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The lack of Darnold linkage to us has me intrigued. 

I believe only Matt Miller (in the fall?) said he believes the Bills are really high on Darnold. 

Yeah I remember reading something about him being their main target. I think most people still just assume he's going at #1. I don't think he's really obtainable but you never know. I'm getting more and more scared that the Browns and Giants both go QB but I'm trying not to worry about it. 

I'm just going to try sit back and enjoy the draft although I'm fairly certain I'll have another freak out like when we drafted EJ. 

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Rosen or Darnold I'd imagine. 

Look, if the Browns, Giants and Colts all draft QB's, we will have a shot at the #4 guy who IMO, will be Rosen because he is immobile and has had 2 concussions already.

To get Rosen, we will have to trade up with Cleveland in this scenario and if they absolutely want Barkley at #4, we are probably screwed, because both Denver and the Jets will also possibly draft a QB, leaving us with Jackson, so our trade up may turn out to be for nothing!!!

Anybody who thinks both the Giants and the Colts are likely to pass on a QB, I hope you are right, but Eli is 37 and who knows if Luck will ever play again? So draft day will be suspenseful to say the least!!!

From an outsider's perspective, I think you need a certain type of QB to play in Buffalo. Darnold and Rosen are SoCal boys. That's all they've ever known. Meanwhile, Allen playing in the Mountain West regularly had to deal with harsh weather conditions, whether rain or wind or blizzard. 

13 minutes ago, Klomp said:

From an outsider's perspective, I think you need a certain type of QB to play in Buffalo. Darnold and Rosen are SoCal boys. That's all they've ever known. Meanwhile, Allen playing in the Mountain West regularly had to deal with harsh weather conditions, whether rain or wind or blizzard. 

This has been a common argument in the past...even from Bills fans. Still, take Aaron Rodgers who played at Butte College in the very hot interior portion of California where winds are almost non-existent and then later at Cal - He's in GB now...does quite well. Brett Favre went to college in Mississippi and also had a pretty good career in GB. Carsen Wentz may have played outdoors in HS, but his college home field was indoors in ND. He plays outside in Philly now and seems to be handling it. Would you really avoid a quality QB simply because he would have to play 2 home games in cold weather at the end of the season?!? Sorry, but I've never understood that train of thought. We haven't had a good QB since Jim Kelly - there is no way we would let 2 games a year keep us from drafting a quality player simply because he went to school in a warmer environment. That just doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It's nonsense really, Jim Kelly played college football at Miami and in the USFL in Houston. We need a good quarterback not someone who's image is right or whatever the hell. It only really gets snowy and cold in late Dec and Darnold and Rosen have fine arms.

Yeah, it's not so much where they played previously. It's more of do they have the arm strength, IMO.

10 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Look, if the Browns, Giants and Colts all draft QB's, we will have a shot at the #4 guy who IMO, will be Rosen because he is immobile and has had 2 concussions already.

To get Rosen, we will have to trade up with Cleveland in this scenario and if they absolutely want Barkley at #4, we are probably screwed, because both Denver and the Jets will also possibly draft a QB, leaving us with Jackson, so our trade up may turn out to be for nothing!!!

Anybody who thinks both the Giants and the Colts are likely to pass on a QB, I hope you are right, but Eli is 37 and who knows if Luck will ever play again? So draft day will be suspenseful to say the least!!!

I just do not see the Colts throwing in the towel on Luck financially it would cost them $36 million after june 1st or 24 million after this week. Hes already throwing weighted balls and expect to be in the building by the end of this week which will give him a month for the organization to view if he is capable of playing or not. Colts have so many holes to fill on both sides of the ball.

I still think browns go Barkley at 1 even with hyde (who is injury prone) signed this morning his deal is essential a 1 year 6 mil deal as the rest can be voided after that. Im not buying in to the giants either, they want to win now with Eli. If i were the giants and they arent sold on having to take a qb this year pick 12 and 65 this year along with 2019 1st rd pick would get them ammo to move up in that draft to get a future qb while building to win now.

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Today is Oklahoma's pro day. So far I have only heard that Elway and Vance Joseph are there. 

I am sure we'll hear others and hopefully McBean.

Dolphins had dinner with him last night, not that it helps. Plus Cincy is there too.

Archived