The Josh Rosen Hype / Rumor Train to Buffalo

The BILLievers

9 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

So what song is "Heil *******" from? ICP? Sorry, just not willing to make excuses just to feel good about the pick.

Admittedly, this is a sore topic for me. One of my friends when I was in grade school moved away because someone thought burning a cross in his front yard was somehow taking a stand for some stupid ideology. I've also been jumped by 5 guys who recognized me from a moment when I was hanging out with someone who thought it was funny to call others racially charged names. The same kind of crap Allen tweeted. Of course, that dillweed never had the huevos to step up and admit it was him, but he also wasn't on blast to millions of people or looking at millions of dollars in future income...

I'm sure we've all had hardships, myself included. I'm not gonna touch on race, I've been a member here for over 11 Years. That post whether you agree or not is touching the same "white privilege" agenda, that I don't agree with and shouldn't be filtered into FF.

The kid made a mistake, admitted to the mistake and will be held accountable for that mistake. It should be left at that. This is my 2¢.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm sure we've all had hardships, myself included. I'm not gonna touch on race, I've been a member here for over 11 Years. That post whether you agree or not is touching the same "white privilege" agenda, that I don't agree with and shouldn't be filtered into FF.

The kid made a mistake, admitted to the mistake and will be held accountable for that mistake. It should be left at that. This is my 2¢.

Yeah, I'll get back to football. In hindsight, I know even my post is pushing the limits here. I just hope for everyone's sake that he was just being a moron and this never rears its ugly head again.

I said it before the draft and nothing has changed other than now I have to hope our FO got it right, but I feel drafting Allen is more about potential than proven performance/execution on the field and I hate doing that with 1st round picks. If Allen can just focus on football (and I'd bet my next paycheck he does as he has too much to lose) I'll, of course, be rooting for him.

At this point, I'd rather see McCarron start and let Allen work on the playbook, his timing, and anticipation skills and then we can check in part way through the season at the end of a game to see how he's progressed. Who knows, maybe he can put enough together to overtake McCarron in his first year. It could happen.

8 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

We haven’t addressed offensive line or wide receiver at all yet, which is interesting to say the least.

Well we did bring in 4 Olineman in Free Agency and before the draft they had a camp and were pretty confident with the line they have which is not a concern as of right now. I think next year they will beef it up with picks and free agency as they will have over 60 mil in cap space. Wide receiver was going to be a concern and I still think after the top 5 were off the board that the talent wasnt worth the pick. What is interesting to see is that Denver drafted 2 or 3 Wrs fairly high which makes me think that Saunders or DT may be available for trade, which I would be willing to give a future 3rd or 4th rd pick for one of them if they are willing to accept it. Both contracts after guaranteed money from Denver are reasonable prices. If not those guys I still think Dez or Maclin would be an option as well. 

You cant fill every hole in the draft as much as we would like to but we can find other hidden gems somewhere else.

21 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

We haven’t addressed offensive line or wide receiver at all yet, which is interesting to say the least.

Tyrell Crosby still available 

I'm approaching the "I don't know the rest of WR" area of the draft.

8 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Tyrell Crosby still available 

I'm approaching the "I don't know the rest of WR" area of the draft.

Right?!? LOL This next pick has got to be a WR, but who? Maybe St. Brown from Notre Dame or Cedrick Wilson from Boise St.?

• 2 months later...

21 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

What are the chances AJ McCarron gets cut?

Not going to cut him this year it will cost the bills more in dead cap then salary cap so he will stay on for the year but will likely be gone next year as the bills can clear 5 mil. I think Aj only stays on both years of his contract if he proves he is capable of being above Peterman this year and proves he is a starter.

Archived