The Josh Rosen Hype / Rumor Train to Buffalo

The BILLievers

I could talk myself into taking any of the top 5 QB’s, it’s really hard to convince myself about the ones with accuracy issues though. That’s the hardest thing to change in a QB.

I like Rosen a lot, but the injuries really do scare me. Concussions are obviously no joke.

I Loooooooooveeeeeeee Baker Mayfield. I love his passion, i love how self motivated he is, and he’s not someone that i would ever bet against. Buffalo would cling onto this kid and love him to death. I really really do believe that. 

On 3/4/2018 at 1:10 AM, The BILLievers said:

Can’t believe I’m switching already but I want Baker mayfield as the next bills qb. He’s accurate and he has the competitive nature beane/McDermott love. 

I really love him as well, he is Brees type in his leadership skills and has all the rest except ideal height, but IMO, it is going to cost an absolute fortune in picks and maybe players to get him. Is he worth it, probably, but ir will be a bit scary!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

5 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

I really love him as well, he is Brees type in his leadership skills and has all the rest except ideal height, but IMO, it is going to cost an absolute fortune in picks and maybe players to get him. Is he worth it, probably, but ir will be a bit scary!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

If we could manage to trade #4 or #5 then the price won't be too bad considering wr have both firsts. It would definitely be cheaper than trying to get to #2 or #3 for Rosen/Darnold

49 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

If we could manage to trade #4 or #5 then the price won't be too bad considering wr have both firsts. It would definitely be cheaper than trying to get to #2 or #3 for Rosen/Darnold

Browns apparently love Saquon Barkley and Baker Mayfield

I don't see any situation now Saquon Barkley doesn't go 1.1. So 5 will probably get you Darnold or Rosen at this point assuming top 4 picks go

1. Barkley - Browns

2. Darnold - Giants

3. Chubb - Colts

4. Mayfield - Browns

*5. Rosen - Bills 

It's fair to say we don't want Cousins signing with the Jets. If he signs with Broncos it bodes well for us.

32 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I don't see any situation now Saquon Barkley doesn't go 1.1. So 5 will probably get you Darnold or Rosen at this point assuming top 4 picks go

1. Barkley - Browns

2. Darnold - Giants

3. Chubb - Colts

4. Mayfield - Browns

*5. Rosen - Bills 

It's fair to say we don't want Cousins signing with the Jets. If he signs with Broncos it bodes well for us.

I agree with this. Although I could see the Giants going Josh Allen.

The worst case scenario for the Bills is if Cousins signs with the Vikings because apparently Denvers back up plan is Keenum and a QB early. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I agree with this. Although I could see the Giants going Josh Allen.

The worst case scenario for the Bills is if Cousins signs with the Vikings because apparently Denvers back up plan is Keenum and a QB early. 

Even if the back up plan is Keenum, I would expect a QB to go 5. Josh Allen makes sense at 5 if Denver misses on Cousins 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

So then where are we trading up? 

Honestly, so hard to mock until FA waters settle a bit. I highly doubt we go into draft without adding a security blanket thru FA.

I think we should be pulling for Cousins to Denver or Arizona. Cousins to Minnesota hurts us trying to trade up

I know every gm doesnt want to show his hand and its BS season on what people say but usually has some inclination of possibly moving up or moving down. Beane said last week "He loves his picks". "Its one of those things that if your going to move up especially in the first round it takes a lot to do it. The higher you go the more you have to give up. You cant just go in to the draft and say hey we need a qb were mortgaging everything to do it"

Last night he then said "he like the depth of the draft especially in the earlier rounds in which we have multiple picks". Im excited at 21 and 22 because it showed we made the playoffs and that was big for the our city and our team, and the culture that Sean and I are building. So I have no intent to move up or down. We're focused right now on who we think we could get at that value".

With that being said if everything is true which again it is BS season that means if a qb was selected at 21 and 22 it looks like Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudulph unless Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield drop which I do not see happening. This also could mean they are comfortable with Tyrod, or some other free agent out there or possible trade for someone. ONe rumor is that the AFC team that offered a second round pick for Nick FOles was the bills but that could be nonsense as well.

6 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I started the year on the Rudolph band wagon but I'm not convinced he's a franchise QB. I don't want him in 1st round 

Yeah his deep ball accuracy is good but his arm strength is average. I think his ceiling is Andy Dalton but he would need to be surrounded by a lot of talent.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:02 AM, BillsGuy82 said:

1. Barkley - Browns

2. Darnold - Giants

3. Chubb - Colts

4. Mayfield - Browns

*5. Rosen - Bills 

Not even close!

The Browns will take Darnold, the Giants will then either take Rosen or trade the pick to Denver or the Jets, who will in turn draft Rosen. Then the Colts will take Allen or trade the pick to the Jets, who will take Allen and the Browns will either take Barkley or trade back a bit for extra assets, but Barkley is the likely pick.

It looks like Cousins has signed with Minny, so that leaves Mayfield as likely going to Arizona in a trade up, leaving us to trade up a bit for Jackson or Rudolph.

Sorry, but this is the likely scenario for the draft. We would have to pay 3 first rounders and a second and a third to even be in the conversation for Rosen or Allen and I just do not see us paying hat kind of price???

This is reality!!!

On 3/1/2018 at 3:42 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'm not sold on his mechanics either (he's gonna need tweaking on his lower body to be an effective downfield passer) but it's clear at this point that Beane loves the kid, that this is the guy they feel strongest about. Which, okay, I'll trust this FO but man do all these QB's scare the crap out of me. Especially if we throw this kid to the wolves day 1.

Rosen has the finest mechanics seen in a draft for years. Concussions and injuries are the only worry.

Archived