cody-parkeymatt-haack-6a3c1111af28c24b.j

OT/O Earl Watford [Arizona]

WatfordStoryMAIN.jpg

WR Bennie Folwer [Denver] 1 year

ron-parkerbennie-fowler-e48cfb14376cf784

Draft

1[8] LB Roquan Smith [Georgia] 6'1" 236lbs, 4.51 [40]

RoquanSmithUGa.jpg

2[39] C James Daniels [Iowa] 6'3" 306lbs, 34" arms, 21 reps, 30.5 vert, 9' broad

james-daniels.jpg

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 4[105] and 2[2019] to the New England Patriots for 2[51]

2[51] WR Anthony Miller [Memphis] 5'11" 200lbs, 4.52 [40], 22 reps, 39" vert

6_7889599.jpg

4[115] LB Joel Iyiegbuniwe [Western Kentucky] 6'1" 229lbs, 4.6 [40], 19 reps, 35" vert, 9'9" broad

joeliyiegbuniwe.jpg?fit=620%2C320&ssl=1

5[145] DT Bilal Nichols [Delaware] 6'4" 306lbs, 33.5" arms, 4.95 [40], 29 reps

IFXCFWSCEITTKBU.20170917011821.jpg

6[181] OLB Kylie Fitts [Utah] 6'4" 263lbs, 33" arms, 4.69 [40], 31 reps, 32.5" vert, 9'9" broad, 6.88 3 cone

6_8346477.jpg

7[224] WR Javon Wims [Georgia] 6'3" 215lbs, 4.53 [40], 33.5" vert, 9'5" broad

JavonWimsGeorgia.jpg

Depth Chart

QB: Trubisky, Daniel, Bray
RB: Howard, Cohen, Cunningham, Mizzell
WR: Robinson, Miller, Gabriel, Fowler White, Gentry, Bellamy, Wims
TE: Burton, Shaheen, Sims
LT: Leno, Sowell
LG: Daniels, Morgan
C: Whitehaiir, Grasu
RG: Long, Kush
RT: Massie, Watford

RE: Bullard, RRH
NT: Goldman, Jenkins
LE: Hicks, Nichols
OLB: Floyd, Acho
ILB: Trevathan, Iggy
ILB: Smith, Kwiatkoski, Timu
OLB: Lynch, Fitts, Irving
CB: Fuller, Amukamara, Callahan, Cooper, Leblanc, McManis
FS: Jackson, Hall
SS: Amos, Bush

K: Parkey
P:O'Donnell
LS: Scales

I think struggled is too strong a word.  It is forgotten how we got Sitton.  When he was waived by GB, we were his first visit, and we didn't let him out of the door even though he had other visits scheduled.  I know Pace had some misses last year, like all GMs, but the year before he brought in Sitton, Hicks, Trevathan, and Freeman who all contributed in a big way.  Not having complete faith in Pace is understandable and expected, but thinking Pace won't be able to compete or a sign FA isn't fair also. 

57 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Sitton bugs me a little.

Not the player being released, but I don’t have a ton of faith in Pace to upgrade the spot.

He has struggled in free agency and this opens another joke needlessly.

He may already have the replacement here in Whitehair. There are a lot of good veteran centers in FA this year. 

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

He may already have the replacement here in Whitehair. There are a lot of good veteran centers in FA this year. 

Kind of my thought too. Whitehair had a BAD year at snapping the ball last season. We all know his blocking talents but that snapping was terrible. Probably go more after C than OG

In an offence where it is all about getting the ball out the QBs hands quickly and in to the hands of playmakers you can't be paying two OGs big money...especially when you don't have many of those playmakers...that money needs to be invested in a run for a WR.

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

So a lot of people are jumping on the Bears drafting nelson right now, but have we ever known Ryan Pace to tip his hand.  Im wondering if they are higher on Morgan than we know about?

This was the biggest reason I was surprised they released him TBH. I figured keeping Sitton for that last year would have given Hiestand a good opportunity to see what he has in Morgan. 

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

In an offence where it is all about getting the ball out the QBs hands quickly and in to the hands of playmakers you can't be paying two OGs big money...especially when you don't have many of those playmakers...that money needs to be invested in a run for a WR.

Plural WR. We invested in three free agents last year at WR (counting Cruz) even when we thought we had Meredith and White already in place. I can’t see a lesser approach this year.  

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

So a lot of people are jumping on the Bears drafting nelson right now, but have we ever known Ryan Pace to tip his hand.  Im wondering if they are higher on Morgan than we know about?

That or some prospects that may be able to convert from OT to OG. I still am doubting Nelson is the pick at 8 unless they would think he can be a RT.

18 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

That or some prospects that may be able to convert from OT to OG. I still am doubting Nelson is the pick at 8 unless they would think he can be a RT.

As ive said before im not completely against it as he checks a lot of boxes that i think Pace is looking at (bpa, makes the qbs life easier, in depth knowledge on him bc of hh) But its hard to justify the value of the position at #8, it just is.  You want to draft top 10 for a game changer who is going to make a significant impact in a championship run. Its hard to say thats an og but is that offset when its the best damn player in the draft? Also you have to be forward thinking and look at what you are going to go thru to get to a championship, and that includes aaron donald and fletcher cox.  If Nelson can mitigate their impact on a game, then its worth it, bc im pretty well convinced the Bears, Eagles, and Rams should be the top dogs in the nfc in a couple years and that could last a long while.

1. I would not move Whitehair, the C position in this offense is very important and they have always invested more in that spot.

2. What WRs do we need the money to go after? The Bears have the cap room to sign as any tier 2 WRs as they want without having to cut Sitton.

3. My main concern is it opens up another hole that the Bears need to fill now. They already have a ton of holes and to be honest I do not trust Pace to go into free agency and upgrade the spot. Sitton wasn't long for this team, but at least you knew he didn't suck. Now we have to wade into free agency where we may end up signing the Marcus Cooper of OGs.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

1. I would not move Whitehair, the C position in this offense is very important and they have always invested more in that spot.

2. What WRs do we need the money to go after? The Bears have the cap room to sign as any tier 2 WRs as they want without having to cut Sitton.

3. My main concern is it opens up another hole that the Bears need to fill now. They already have a ton of holes and to be honest I do not trust Pace to go into free agency and upgrade the spot. Sitton wasn't long for this team, but at least you knew he didn't suck. Now we have to wade into free agency where we may end up signing the Marcus Cooper of OGs.

Orrrrrrr...they may really like Eric Kush or Jordan Morgan.  I think we all knew Sittons option wasnt getting picked up bc the $8M in cap is a better asset than Sitton at OG who was easily replaceable based on his declining performance and age.  A team that is looking to get younger and build its core shouldnt be tying up that kind of money in a 31 yo declining player.  It was 100% the right move. Windy, im starting to think you dont like Ryan Pace

Archived