Bears Offseason Tracker

WindyCity

7 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Whats Howard worth in a trade?  a 2nd?   I wouldn't trade him unless it's after a weird draft in which Barkley fell to us but Chubb and Nelson didn't.

I really like him and hope he sticks around.

What logic would there be in doing this trade unless for a player that can pass rush?

As good as he is, I don't think we would get a second.  Positional value for rb is too low for that.  

Trading him would be a big mistake IMO. 

46 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

As good as he is, I don't think we would get a second.  Positional value for rb is too low for that.  

Trading him would be a big mistake IMO. 

Ajayi netted a 4th, so I’d have to think a 2nd or 3rd is about right for Howard.

I’m not thrilled with trading him, but I’m also not a huge fan of his. I can see how he doesn’t fit the offense and I can see that Pace won’t be paying him big money anytime soon, especially with his running style.

Howard + 8 for NYG’s 2? (take Chubb)

Howard + 8 for IND’s 6 and 104? (take Barkley)

Howard + 8 for Beckham?

24 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Ajayi netted a 4th, so I’d have to think a 2nd or 3rd is about right for Howard.

I’m not thrilled with trading him, but I’m also not a huge fan of his. I can see how he doesn’t fit the offense and I can see that Pace won’t be paying him big money anytime soon, especially with his running style.

Howard + 8 for NYG’s 2? (take Chubb)

Howard + 8 for IND’s 6 and 104? (take Barkley)

Howard + 8 for Beckham?

Are these legit trade rumors or just random assumptions?

He's not the ideal RB for this offense, he limits what you can do schematically without tipping your hand. This doesn't mean he's a bad player by any means, he just doesn't fit what I believe Nagy wants to do in this offense.

39 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It was 4 days ago and he deleted his Bears, College and High School pics. It looks like he just dumped all the football off his page.

His Twitter still has a bunch of football stuff up, so i'm not seeing this as a thing

1 hour ago, G08 said:

He's not the ideal RB for this offense, he limits what you can do schematically without tipping your hand. This doesn't mean he's a bad player by any means, he just doesn't fit what I believe Nagy wants to do in this offense.

I actually agree with all of this. Howard is an above average between the tackles runner with little explosion, play making ability, of versatility. He’s durable, reliable, always falls forward. Just doesn’t seem to fit the type of RB the supposed versatile WCO/spread offense this team has going. 

20 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

I actually agree with all of this. Howard is an above average between the tackles runner with little explosion, play making ability, of versatility. He’s durable, reliable, always falls forward. Just doesn’t seem to fit the type of RB the supposed versatile WCO/spread offense this team has going. 

I think a RB like Howard is what offenses like this are usually missing.  Teams that are great at the big play usually seem to have more trouble than they should converting on 3rd and short.

To me, knowing that we can hand it to Howard and he will fall forward for a yard is clutch.  I agree that he's not someone that you pay in the long term, but I think if we lost him in the future in FA, I'd want to draft a similar player to replace him.

Archived