Bears Offseason Tracker

WindyCity

5 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Even with Nelson's combine results I have leaning toward a pass rusher if we find one we love. DE>RT

I'm digging Denzel Ward too, hoping he measures closer to 6'0" than 5'9". I'm kind of worried we are going to let Fuller walk.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Updated with Willie Young and Mike Glennon.

My guess is Wheaton and Cooper will be cut once they start signing guys.

Must have had a guarantee clause to make sure he got that roster bonus.  That explains why it hasnt happened yet.

Pace also very critical of himself in his FA signings but saying exactly what i have been with regards to his philosophy, draft better and use FA to better your depth.

7 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Must have had a guarantee clause to make sure he got that roster bonus.  That explains why it hasnt happened yet.

Pace also very critical of himself in his FA signings but saying exactly what i have been with regards to his philosophy, draft better and use FA to better your depth.

I liked seeing that transparency from him as well, better than being a defensive ****** like Lovie used to be when questioned about his mistakes.

Plus, let's be honest, Pace has done a hell of a job giving himself an easy out if the FA move fails and he can't hold a gun to AJ Bouye/Tedd Ginn's respective heads and force them to sign here, even with offering them more money than their other teams.

22 minutes ago, G08 said:

I liked seeing that transparency from him as well, better than being a defensive ****** like Lovie used to be when questioned about his mistakes.

Plus, let's be honest, Pace has done a hell of a job giving himself an easy out if the FA move fails and he can't hold a gun to AJ Bouye/Tedd Ginn's respective heads and force them to sign here, even with offering them more money than their other teams.

Signing bad players to easy out deals is not hard.

Cap flexibility is only a positive if at some point you use it to actually make the team better. I think this should be the year where we put the flexibility to some use.

19 hours ago, G08 said:

I'm not so sure Wheaton is a goner... he fits the profile for a WR in this offense:

5'10"

189 lbs

4.40 dash

4.02 shuttle

6.80 cone

Plus he just turned 27 and is under contract for $5.5 million.

Exactly. I’d bet you can renegotiate his 2018 salary down to like $1.5M with minimal performance incentives and no new guarantees too. After last year he’s not getting anything more than a minimum deal on the market anyway, and his skill set is exactly what Nagy uses in a #4 type WR. Legit chance for some career rehab here for him for sure. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Exactly. I’d bet you can renegotiate his 2018 salary down to like $1.5M with minimal performance incentives and no new guarantees too. After last year he’s not getting anything more than a minimum deal on the market anyway, and his skill set is exactly what Nagy uses in a #4 type WR. Legit chance for some career rehab here for him for sure. 

On a reduced salary keeping him makes some sense.

At 5.5 million it is a total waste.

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

On a reduced salary keeping him makes some sense.

At 5.5 million it is a total waste.

Yeah. My thinking was he and Inman both on comparable deals with minimal guarantees competing in TC for one spot. 

So what are the other WR moves, dudes? Do you think we go FA or the draft? As it stands (I'm projecting):

Meredith

White

Wilson

Wheaton

Round 2 looks solid for OLBs, CBs, and WRs. Round 1 could be Nelson, it could be Ward/Johnson, it could be Edmunds. How would you play out those scenarios?

As for CB, I'd have to think we are signing one of these dudes to a multi-year contract:

Fuller (26)

Butler (28)

Melvin (28)

Johnson (28) (I think he's our leverage to Fuller wanting an insane deal)

Breeland (26)

41 minutes ago, G08 said:

So what are the other WR moves, dudes? Do you think we go FA or the draft? As it stands (I'm projecting):

Meredith

White

Wilson

Wheaton

Round 2 looks solid for OLBs, CBs, and WRs. Round 1 could be Nelson, it could be Ward/Johnson, it could be Edmunds. How would you play out those scenarios?

If there’s one more FA addition to the group you named I’m good with a 4th round WR. Lots of depth there. 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Meredith

White

Wilson

Wheaton

With 80 plus mil in cap space (when all the cutting is done), a new coach, and a new offensive scheme,  Pace will double up at WR and probably draft one mid rounds. The Bears owned a top 2 worst WR corps last year. You only get better by adding new blood and new concepts.

Archived