Bears Offseason Tracker

WindyCity

Awesome news! I can't imagine him getting more than 10 to 12 million per year (and even that seems high). This is great for us... If we could land him and Breeland it completely opens up our draft. 

37 minutes ago, G08 said:

Awesome news! I can't imagine him getting more than 10 to 12 million per year (and even that seems high). This is great for us... If we could land him and Breeland it completely opens up our draft. 

Honestly I am cool if they bring Prince back. I actually think they compliment each other well. Prince presses and Kyle plays off. The safety can rotate over to Prince who is playing the more difficult coverage.

17 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Honestly I am cool if they bring Prince back. I actually think they compliment each other well. Prince presses and Kyle plays off. The safety can rotate over to Prince who is playing the more difficult coverage.

This is exactly why I like the pairing so much.

Prince is one of the better press cover corners in the league, he isn't really special anywhere else but does everything but generate turnovers well.

Fuller at times becomes dominant, his games vs CIN and CLE were fantastic. He may not be the best presser, but can plant his foot and make a play as well as about anyone. He can jump routes and tackles very well for a CB, it would be rough to lose him.

21 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I could live with that too, but I want to get younger and have a tandem that plays together for the next 3-5+ years if possible. Doesn't seem like we're breaking the bank at WR so if Wilson is the move I could see another mid-to-low tier signing at WR.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

This is exactly why I like the pairing so much.

Prince is one of the better press cover corners in the league, he isn't really special anywhere else but does everything but generate turnovers well.

Fuller at times becomes dominant, his games vs CIN and CLE were fantastic. He may not be the best presser, but can plant his foot and make a play as well as about anyone. He can jump routes and tackles very well for a CB, it would be rough to lose him.

So let's step back and pretend we're a team looking for a CB and we don't know much about Fuller other than he had a solid season in 2017.

What would be an acceptable contract for him?

Xavier Rhodes is a 2 time Pro Bowler and First-Team All-Pro with 9 career INTs.  He just signed a 5 year/$70 million/$32.8 million guaranteed contract ($14.02 million per year average). Kyle Fuller deserves nothing near that (no offense to him).

Desmond Trufant is a 1 time Pro Bowler with 9 career INTs. He just signed a 5 year/$68.75 million/$41.526 million guaranteed contract ($13.75 million per year average). Again, Kyle Fuller doesn't deserve that kind of money.

Dre Kirkpatrick seems like a decent match. 5 year/$52.5 million/$12 million guaranteed ($10.5 million per year average).

I think Fuller's market should be something like 5 years/$60 million/$28 million guaranteed ($12 million per year average)

1 minute ago, G08 said:

So let's step back and pretend we're a team looking for a CB and we don't know much about Fuller other than he had a solid season in 2017.

What would be an acceptable contract for him?

Xavier Rhodes is a 2 time Pro Bowler and First-Team All-Pro with 9 career INTs.  He just signed a 5 year/$70 million/$32.8 million guaranteed contract ($14.02 million per year average). Kyle Fuller deserves nothing near that (no offense to him).

Desmond Trufant is a 1 time Pro Bowler with 9 career INTs. He just signed a 5 year/$68.75 million/$41.526 million guaranteed contract ($13.75 million per year average). Again, Kyle Fuller doesn't deserve that kind of money.

Dre Kirkpatrick seems like a decent match. 5 year/$52.5 million/$12 million guaranteed ($10.5 million per year average).

I think Fuller's market should be something like 5 years/$60 million/$28 million guaranteed ($12 million per year average)

Agreed. $12 million is about where I would put him at. That gives him (at the moment) the 10th highest average per year for CBs. Of course that will drop as the market values increase with the cap per year, which is why I am not concerned about going a bit higher. Can you imagine the ridiculous contract that someone like Lattimore will get after his 5th year (barring injury)? He may hit the $20 million per year mark.

9 minutes ago, G08 said:

@Sugashane What do you think Breeland is going to get on the open market?

Man I don't know. I thought once Fuller was shipped to KC it would be announced that he is staying. I can't believe the position WAS has themselves in.

Norman is clearly the one, but is Dunbar a true number 2? Even with my Gator homerism I just don't see it, hell he was a WR in college and converted after going undrafted. There is no way they can be that high on Moraeu I don't think.

My guess is he is gone, and they try to throw a ton of money at a high-profile CB. WAS has never been shy about throwing megadeals around, and they likely want to have the top CB tandem in the NFL.

I think Breeland gets about $8 mil per year, if he holds out after the top guys go, he might find a way to manipulate himself up to $10, but I just think he will get $8 mil.

18 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Man I don't know. I thought once Fuller was shipped to KC it would be announced that he is staying. I can't believe the position WAS has themselves in.

Norman is clearly the one, but is Dunbar a true number 2? Even with my Gator homerism I just don't see it, hell he was a WR in college and converted after going undrafted. There is no way they can be that high on Moraeu I don't think.

My guess is he is gone, and they try to throw a ton of money at a high-profile CB. WAS has never been shy about throwing megadeals around, and they likely want to have the top CB tandem in the NFL.

I think Breeland gets about $8 mil per year, if he holds out after the top guys go, he might find a way to manipulate himself up to $10, but I just think he will get $8 mil.

I’d like Rashaan Melvin or Aaron Colvin as our #2 to Fuller too as guys with more upside than Prince too. EJ Gaines as well but he’s got injury problems. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’d like Rashaan Melvin or Aaron Colvin as our #2 to Fuller too as guys with more upside than Prince too. EJ Gaines as well but he’s got injury problems. 

I'd love that too, but once Melvin signed with Rosenhous I figured he was going to try to get a stupid contract. Colvin is clearly an upgrade, but his youth likely gets him more on the market than Prince. Gaines is my favorite by far. IDK what to guess he makes, but seeing him and Fuller on the outside would make me happy as hell. What do you think Gaines will get on the open market?

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'd love that too, but once Melvin signed with Rosenhous I figured he was going to try to get a stupid contract. Colvin is clearly an upgrade, but his youth likely gets him more on the market than Prince. Gaines is my favorite by far. IDK what to guess he makes, but seeing him and Fuller on the outside would make me happy as hell. What do you think Gaines will get on the open market?

Gaines has a pretty significant injury history which I think will somewhat limit his market by comparison to a few of the others. My suspicion is he’ll get comparable AAV to Colvin and Melvin but less guarantees. 

Saw an article last night that theorized bears were in talks to trade for Jarvis Landry and this is what it was

Dolphins send:

Jarvis Landry, 1st round pick (pick 11?), 3rd round pick 

Bears send:

Jordan Howard, 1st round pick (pick 8?)

and I went to bed feeling like I was going to die. Howard is the only likable player on offense for me right now. I would've been okay with signing Landry but not letting go of Howard for him, or moving back in the first for him. 

5 hours ago, Tyty said:

Saw an article last night that theorized bears were in talks to trade for Jarvis Landry and this is what it was

Dolphins send:

Jarvis Landry, 1st round pick (pick 11?), 3rd round pick 

Bears send:

Jordan Howard, 1st round pick (pick 8?)

and I went to bed feeling like I was going to die. Howard is the only likable player on offense for me right now. I would've been okay with signing Landry but not letting go of Howard for him, or moving back in the first for him. 

Multiple reports have been posted that this rumor was false, and that Howard is not available. 

Archived