Bears Offseason Tracker

WindyCity

14 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Solid deal, id bring Houston back too and sign one of these mid tier guys.

I wouldn't be opposed to brining back Houston but he would have to fight for his spot...we need at least one impact rusher in the draft and possibly a 2nd or someone else in FA to compete. 

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I wouldn't be opposed to brining back Houston but he would have to fight for his spot...we need at least one impact rusher in the draft and possibly a 2nd or someone else in FA to compete. 

100% agree, but if we can be rotating 3 or 4 olbs to keep them all fresh, thats better for the defense.  Granted i dont expect 94 to spend too much time on the sideline, but Houston has shown he can be very productive in this defense.

You have to love the speed Pace & Nagy are moving at...they have clearly sat down and identified what is needed to make that offence work...true do it all #1 WR which KC never really had...flex TE who combined with Shaheen can do what Kelce does...out and out deep threat who can be like Hill...Meredith coming back is an upgrade on Conley as a mid range target and you already have Howard and Cohen in the backfield...in terms of skill positions you are basically set which means you can now focus on finding value pick ups on the defensive side of the ball especially after brining back Prince and keeping that secondary in tact...and you add an experienced backup QB who know the system...top marks for Pace & Nagy so far.

Agreed, very pleased with the positions they've tackled so far.  

If they cut Mike Glennon, Extend Fuller for a more reasonable 10 per year, and my guesses on the 2018 numbers for the other contracts are close, figure they've got around 24M in cap space this year.  A draft class will probably leave, what, around 15m?  Hopefully they get some good value/depth guys.  Genuinely not sure if we have 2 starting guards on the roster. 

Archived