Bears Offseason Tracker

WindyCity

29 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

Yeah. I sent a good rant to this forum about that play. Called for Fox to get fired along with Cooper. How can a guy make that type of grossly arrogant play for a defense coming off historically bad numbers and the current team was playing poorly too.

Such a bad play it begs for an over-reaction and requires somebody in power to send a major message.

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I was livid about that play, and my disdain for his signing just made it worse.  I'm trying to be completely objective and like the depth re-signing, but I still REALLY want to dislike the guy. lol

I think all the hate over that (deserved) really affected his play.   His play after that fell off a cliff.  Really extreme.  Like Tiger Woods after his marriage broke up.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I think all the hate over that (deserved) really affected his play.   His play after that fell off a cliff.  Really extreme.  Like Tiger Woods after his marriage broke up.

I think so, but I kind of think it was a little more returning to baseline. In KC he was really hot/cold, like Jay and Rex level hot/cold. He started hot, then all of a sudden he did that and stayed cold.

Not really sure where to put this but Matt Patricia has given full defensive play calling duties to Paul Pasqualoni. Needless to say, I cannot wait to see him try and predict/counter/adjust to Matt Nagy and Mark Helfrich. RIP Lions D

ProFootballRumors

@ pfrumors 

Matt Patricia won't be the primary play-caller for a defense for the first time in several years. #Lions will turn to their new DC for that responsibility.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Which is why I think Bellamy makes the team because while he’s a bad receiver and kind of a good OTF, he’s a pretty good ST player.

ST is the only chance he has to make the team IMO, and at $1.9M on the RFA tender he’s probably gotta strongly outplay a rookie WR/DB to stick in that capacity. Assuming they draft a WR somewhere in the middle of the draft he’s at best WR6 before any injuries. To me if Gentry shows ST ability in camp he makes far more sense to keep than Bellamy given actual offensive upside. 

Benny is honestly pretty thoroughly underrated as a backup for Howard/Cohen....  He's not ever gonna be the main event, but he's a pretty wonderful backup, and I think he'll have a really good year in this kind of offense.

Even in a pretty damn good RB class, I wouldn't be super confident that we'd land an upgrade over him.

Just now, WindyCity said:

Can a non-sports journalist break sports news? Because if so, then yeah, Earl Watford is heading to the Chicago Bears. Former Cards OL finds a new home.

Solid player who has 21 career starts and has played OG and OT. He isn't starting calibre, but he can compete and play in a pinch.

He is better than Tom Compton who was way worse than we realize last season.

12 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Phew! This changes OG from a level 9 need to... 8.999

I think it gives them more experience and competition.

Tom Compton was useless last season, so I hope Watford gives them a better option.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I think it gives them more experience and competition.

Tom Compton was useless last season, so I hope Watford gives them a better option.

Probably a camp body in an ideal situation, but experienced depth nonetheless. No risk move. 

Archived