Bears Offseason Tracker

WindyCity

15 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

Gotta love videos like that. I’d agree about White despite the like 2 seconds of him lol. Noticed #99 Lynch in the same frame as Fuller, so he’s clearly working with the starters. He did have 6 sacks under Vic as a rookie.... how many rookies would come in and produce 6+ sacks? Maybe 2 in Chubb/Davenport? He’s a guy that we might be sleeping on that’s gunna have a much more prominent role than some of us think...

I definitely think that they are expecting AL99 to come in and start opposite LF94, with SA93 and a rookie rotating in. if you are able to have two fairly capable starters, then have a guy like davenport at 8 or landry in a trade back who are only expected to rush the passer on passing downs while they learn and develop, that's the goal

10 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I definitely think that they are expecting AL99 to come in and start opposite LF94, with SA93 and a rookie rotating in. if you are able to have two fairly capable starters, then have a guy like davenport at 8 or landry in a trade back who are only expected to rush the passer on passing downs while they learn and develop, that's the goal

That's the hope... I'm looking at Roquan Smith and he makes a ton of sense, but do you just put Kwiatkoski on the bench? I'm of the opinion Fangio really likes him and I would imagine Pace wants to give him a shot to develop with playing this season rather than immediately send him or Trevatahn to the bench.

Ward makes sense as well, but Fangio typically likes bigger/longer/stronger corners. I think Ward is outstanding in his technique and sticky as hell, but you also just paid Fuller and Amukamara a combined $37M for 2018 and 2019.

I dunno... unless Quenton Nelson is there I can't see how we don't go pass rusher at 8 or after a trade down.

6 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

That makes sense to me, but there’s definitely risk in relying on Lynch over, say, Lamarr Houston after Lynch’s last 2 seasons. 

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Interesting pick up in WR Marlon Brown...for all the smaller quick twitch guys people have presumed we would target Brown is 6-5 215lbs...I wouldn't rule out anything with Nagy.

Yeah, I thought too much was being made of the roster in KC. Nagy likely had some input, but was basically told to work with the roster Reid put together. Once we got Robinson and Burton the offense started to seem like it was going to be based more on mismatches than speed. But, Gabriel shows he is going to threaten deep with regularity too. I'm really excited to see how the offense forms up, and how each player is used in attacking defenses.

I still think the offense will be closer to the Pats offense with Gronk/Hernandez than what Reid ran recently. Burton is essentially going to be a big WR who occasionally puts his hand in the dirt IMO, and if a safety or CB covers him we might get some outside runs to use his size advantage.

Using KC as a template for the Bears has always seemed  off to me as well. Frankly, if our staff is going to be good, they're going to work their roster into an effective unit regardless of how the individuals compared to players they've had success with in the past.  I would far rather people are treating the Bears model as unique and effective than we start shoehorning players into roles to match KC, of Eagles or whatever. 

I kind of this this dude is a hedge to Kevin White. The plan apparently is to have White only learn one position so it shouldn't be that hard having this kid take that spot God forbid if White goes down again.

Is anyone else getting just at least a little bit excited about Kevin White?  Hearing how fast he looks on the field right now?  I know its a long way to go to the opener, but White's skillset that got him drafted is a perfect fit for this offense.  Im looking at Kevin White like a powerball ticket right now.  The money is already spent you are just waiting to see the results.  If it doesn't work out, no big deal, but if it does its going to pay BIG.

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Is anyone else getting just at least a little bit excited about Kevin White?  Hearing how fast he looks on the field right now?  I know its a long way to go to the opener, but White's skillset that got him drafted is a perfect fit for this offense.  Im looking at Kevin White like a powerball ticket right now.  The money is already spent you are just waiting to see the results.  If it doesn't work out, no big deal, but if it does its going to pay BIG.

I am, but I've kind of limited that because I really don't feel like he can hold up. I'm rooting for him to, and I'd love to see him become even a regular contributor for the rest of his career if he could never be a true 1 or 2. 

I'm sure as hell rooting for him. Seems like a good kid who is just catching bad breaks.

10 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

A little bit. Hearing Pace talk about White working on his routes and route quickness made me smile, and actually seeing his footwork made me happy. He looked quick in that super brief clip the Bears put out from the first voluntary practice. Cautiously optimistic, and I like the approach they are taking: only have him focus on one position in the offense.

On 4/18/2018 at 11:07 AM, WindyCity said:

I really like Nagy.

When was the last time that the Bears had a likeable coach?

Fox-*** clown from day 1

Trestman-captial weirdo

Lovie-no personality and disliked media and fans

Jauron-less personality than Lovie

Hey cool it trestman has hot daughters 

Archived