Cincinnati Reds Thread - Opening Day, where everyone is tied for 1st

THE DUKE

Dayton Dragons broadcaster Tom Nichols had a series of preview articles for the Low A team, and he's usually pretty accurate.  It looks like the Low A Dayton team will be:

C: Hendrik Clementina, Mark Kolozsvary
1B: Justin Bellinger
2B: Jose Garcia
SS: Jeter Downs, Carlos Rivero
3B: Leandro Santana, Alejo Lopez
LF: Andy Sugilio, Reshard Munroe
CF: Stuart Fairchild, Satch McElroy
RF: Miles Gordon

Starters: Packy Naughton, Mac Sceroler, Tyler Mondile, Ryan Olson, Matt Blandino

Bullpen: Dauri Moreta, Moises Nova, Connor Ryan, Ryan Nutof, John Ghyzel
Tyler Buffett, Luis Alecis, Cory Thompson

Hunter Greene will replace a starter sometime in early to mid May

Either one of the relievers won’t make it, or they may not carry Rivero as a backup MiF with Downs, Garcia, and Lopez all able to play 2B and SS.

I think Alejo Lopez will be the primary backup at 3B, 2B, and he'll DH some. 

Downs and Garcia likely split time at SS, and if Garcia starts off well I could see a quick promotion to Daytona so both get to play SS every day and Lopez steps in the starting lineup at 2B

On 4/2/2018 at 10:21 AM, Beck Bristow said:

Nice. You going to go see him live?

His first start is Monday, not sure if I'll be able to make it though.  Probably not with it being a school night, and I heard it might snow then too.

Geno broke His thumb, Blandino getting called up.  Giving myself a headache reading the comments on Twitter from the morons who have no clue why teams manipulate service time and why Blandino is coming up instead of Senzel.

Blandino better be starting 5 of every 6 games at least over Pennington or Gosselin.

Edited by THE DUKE

Raisel Iglesias has thrown fewer IP than 5 other RP.  Amir Garrett has been nails, but for some reason Price wants Cody Reed getting a start instead.  This is what our pitching staff should be right now:

Homer Bailey
Luis Castillo
Tyler Mahle
Amir Garrett
Sal Romano

MR: Tanner Rainey (tough debut aside, where Price should have put in Iglesias once the bases were loaded, the kid has promise)
MR: Jimmy Herget
MR: Zack Weiss
MR: Brandon Finnegan
MR: Jared Hughes
SU: Wandy Peralta
CL: Raisel Iglesias

Then once Hernandez gets back from the DL, demote one of Rainey, Herget, or Weiss.

Reds High A P Tony Santillan has started the year with 16 IP, 0.00 ERA, 8 H, 4 BB, and 18 K.  Fastball sits 95-97 with movement, plus breaker, changeup already average with a chance to be more.  Just turned 21 this week, if he's figured out his control, we'll see him in Cincinnati before the end of the '19 season.

• THE DUKE changed the title to Cincinnati Reds Thread - Opening Day, where everyone is tied for 1st