The Future of Mr. Smith

Texas_OutLaw7

We all know that the great Five-Star-General isn't long for the football world. So I am curious where everyone sees the future of Jaylon Smith  being. Is he to be the next WLB? Is he our MLB now and forever?

Assume for a moment that he continues to progress with health, where do you feel his best spot would ultimately be?

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

We all know that the great Five-Star-General isn't long for the football world. So I am curious where everyone sees the future of Jaylon Smith  being. Is he to be the next WLB? Is he our MLB now and forever?

Assume for a moment that he continues to progress with health, where do you feel his best spot would ultimately be?

If he progresses and kills it at MIKE for a few years they won't move him. 

I could see him being forced out later in his career (like Sean Lee) to help preserve his body. 

Essentially I am asking as to what do you think this team values more (me, I think they prefer WLB). I ask because I think that could influence the Draft. I think if someone like R. Smith falls, we will have him as the heir to Lee and our LBers would be the law-firm of Smith & Smith. But absent that, I can see a very plausible world where Jaylon is moved regardless and the team searches for their MLB.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

So then you see a need to fill the vacuum at MLB? (again, completely contingent on Jaylon continuing to progress)

Possibly. I mean, it's hard to know after just one season of him playing. He was great down the stretch last year, but his play time was very limited too.

1 hour ago, JWingate said:

Jaylon is a MLB. If you play him at Will you are doing a disservice to him and this team.

You doing him no more a disservice than Lee when he was moved. Assuming the knee is good to go, you're probably helping him by freeing him up more and giving him room to use his speed.

Archived