Lamar Jackson should get 1st overall pick consideration...

VanS

On 3/2/2018 at 5:28 PM, navysaintsfan said:

It's funny you say that because I am 100% on board with the Saints taking him.

NOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o:o:o

I noticed that he was wearing a purple jacket in an interview at the combine.  That pretty much tells us where he is destined to end up.  ;)

Edited by Uncle Buck

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

NOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o:o:o

I noticed that he was wearing a purple jacket in an interview at the combine.  That pretty much tells us where he is destined to end up.  ;)

So was Orlando Brown and everyone else. How many picks you got!?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

It's going to be interesting to see if Rich Eisen's 40 time is better than Orlando Brown's was.

I mean Eisen has only done better than 6 seconds once, and has backslid a couple of times.  So I wouldn't count on it.

I wonder if "Brown being a high profile prospect" will make it okay to poke fun at him in the simulcast.  Like when Isaiah Thompson only managed 6.06 in 2011, they didn't make a big deal about it since his poor showing likely meant "he won't be drafted" but when Danny Shelton ran slowish, we were still confident he was going to get drafted fairly high. Producers got to make a tough call here.

19 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean Eisen has only done better than 6 seconds once, and has backslid a couple of times.  So I wouldn't count on it.

I wonder if "Brown being a high profile prospect" will make it okay to poke fun at him in the simulcast.  Like when Isaiah Thompson only managed 6.06 in 2011, they didn't make a big deal about it since his poor showing likely meant "he won't be drafted" but when Danny Shelton ran slowish, we were still confident he was going to get drafted fairly high. Producers got to make a tough call here.

The problem is, I don't think that there's any chance that Brown goes "fairly" high in this draft any more. This is a historically bad combine by him. Given that Big 12 offensive linemen have had trouble transitioning to the NFL the last several years, and I don't think there's any chance that he's off the board before round 3 now without a much better pro day. 

15 hours ago, RandomCampBody said:

For teams that didn't like him that wouldn't change anything everyone already knows he's a great athlete, if you like him there were a few bad throws like most of the other QB's there but really good ones aswell.

Yea but it would've been fun to watch...  He had good throws, but his footwork and throwing mechanics are a mess.  If he can get some coaching and fix those things then maybe he can do some things.  But he's more of an arm thrower right now without properly getting his hips, legs, core into the throws.

• 1 year later...
On 2/21/2018 at 12:44 PM, BleedTheClock said:

@VanS I fear you are becoming the hot take master. Most of the things you say are very against the grain.

Lamar Jackson going 1st overall doesn't seem like that much of a hot take anymore does it?

• Like 2