Streaming the 2017 NFL season

deeluxx3

Anyone know of what's going to be the best (legal and likely paid) ways to stream NFL games this year? The past 2 seasons I've used the NFL Sunday Ticket app and paid for it with the college e-mail discount. Anyone know if that'll be around again this year? Are there alternative methods that will likely be better?

Sunday Ticket is the way to go if you want to watch a team that's out of market. If you just want football, an antenna will be the way to watch. 

I'm pretty sure DTV still has the exclusive contract for the NFL, so I don't think there's another streaming option. 

44 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Anyone know of what's going to be the best (legal and likely paid) ways to stream NFL games this year? The past 2 seasons I've used the NFL Sunday Ticket app and paid for it with the college e-mail discount. Anyone know if that'll be around again this year? Are there alternative methods that will likely be better?

I just use my son's PS4 and sign up for Sunday Ticket on there. I haven't tried any other options. This one seems to work the best and you can pay in installments.

If you need it live: Sunday Ticket.  I don't know if they'll have the option you referenced again.  I haven't looked into it.

If you just want to watch at some point: NFL Gamepass.

NFL gamepass puts all the games up after the game is complete.  They offer the All 22 and Condensed Version (45 minute replay).  It's what i use so i can reclaim my Sunday.  It's difficult to tell how much time you waste on Sundays watching replays and commercials until you watch the condensed version.  It's very difficult for me to actually sit through a whole game anymore.

Those are your only real options.

On 7/31/2017 at 11:55 AM, MrDrew said:

I'm pretty sure DTV still has the exclusive contract for the NFL, so I don't think there's another streaming option.

Loved it the year I was able to get Sunday Ticket through Playstation. Wish they'd go back to that.

On 7/31/2017 at 10:28 AM, theJ said:

INFL gamepass puts all the games up after the game is complete.  They offer the All 22 and Condensed Version (45 minute replay).  It's what i use so i can reclaim my Sunday.  It's difficult to tell how much time you waste on Sundays watching replays and commercials until you watch the condensed version.  It's very difficult for me to actually sit through a whole game anymore.

This really seems like the way to go. Specially for guys like us, who really want "the meat and potatoes" of the game. 

On 7/31/2017 at 11:56 AM, TENINCH said:

I just use my son's PS4 and sign up for Sunday Ticket on there. I haven't tried any other options. This one seems to work the best and you can pay in installments.

Are there any restrictions on getting Sunday Ticket on the PS4? I might look into it since I cut the cord last year.

59 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Are there any restrictions on getting Sunday Ticket on the PS4? I might look into it since I cut the cord last year.

Nope. As long as your online connection is good you are good to go. I had a couple games that would buffer occasionally in the first half but then stream just fine the rest of the game.

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:
4 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Nope. As long as your online connection is good you are good to go. I had a couple games that would buffer occasionally in the first half but then stream just fine the rest of the game.

Unless i'm looking at something incorrectly on DTV's website, you have to live in an area that does not get DTV satellite coverage.  

I just went to their website and checked for eligibility on their streaming service.  I entered my address and was told i wasn't eligible.  That's how it was a few years when i checked too.

@TENINCH @devils1854 - from DTV's website:

NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV service is only available to non-DIRECTV customers who live in select multi-dwelling unit buildings (apartments, condos, etc,) nationwide in the U.S. where DIRECTV service is not available, live in select areas within various metropolitan cities, live in a residence that has been verified as unable to receive DIRECTV satellite TV service due to obstructions blocking access to satellite signals, or are college students. 

6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I promise it's available. I've used my son's PS4 for the past 3 seasons. Even used my student discount and military discount during those years. Unless something has changed between last season and this upcoming season.

Are you a DTV subscriber already?  Or live in an apartment?  When you sign up it asks for your address.  I don't understand how you bypass that.

Maybe i'm missing something...

Just now, theJ said:

Are you a DTV subscriber already?  Or live in an apartment?  When you sign up it asks for your address.  I don't understand how you bypass that.

Maybe i'm missing something...

Yeah I'll have to look into it today when I get home. Are you going to school or know someone that is going to school? That's the only way around it right now. You load your student information for your college and it's let you subscribe for 24.99 a month for 4 months.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Yeah I'll have to look into it today when I get home. Are you going to school or know someone that is going to school? That's the only way around it right now. You load your student information for your college and it's let you subscribe for 24.99 a month for 4 months.

I can find someone for that price.

Archived