25.TEN-DT-M.hurst-Michigan

26.ATL-G-I.Wynn-Georgia

27.NO-LB-R.Evans-Alabama

28.PIT-S-R.Harrison-Alabama

29.JAC-QB-L.Jackson-Louisville

30.MIN-G-W.Hernandez-UTEP

31.NE-CB-I.Oliver-Colorado

32.PHI-CB-C.Davis-Auburn

Not a huge fan of a OG in round 1 not named Nelson as i just don't see the value in it as their are like 6 or 7 other Guards all similar talent we can target in round 2.    With that said if we have to go OG with our 1st pick then i would trade down and grab extra value to do so.   If we stay at 26 then i target a DT/DE  of the big 4 that drop with that being Taven Bryan the last one left there at our pick with the other 3 being gone already.   If all 4 was gone and we just can't find a trade partner then Wynn would be a ok pick at 26 i guess.

13 hours ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

With Evans taken a pick before the Steelers Harrison would be a nice consolation prize.

Sorry Pit! I DO like this pick for the Saints as it also fits a need. Evans would bring much needed atheticism to their LB corps.

Thanks for the effort in posting your mock draft.  As someone not knowledgeable about collegiate players and just starting to read about the projections, it is one of many such drafts I'll read to gain some insight.  One thing is clear; it's very difficult to please the fans of all 32 teams with projections.  Fans of each team disagree about their teams' first round pick, so getting a large % of agreement on your mock draft is difficult.

With that said, I've read that many QBs will be drafted in round one of 2018.  Your mock reflects that thought.

Which teams in need of a starting QB did you implicitly assume had signed a vet starter?  Did you also project some of those teams to draft a QB?  Which teams, and which vet QBs?

Archived