Marty Hurney Named as Panthers GM - *nopeemoji*

fretgod99

Hurney 2.0 has done a good job thus far. He crafted a decent roster post gettleman. I think this coaching staff will have quite a bit of influence on the draft. Just don't blow it! His midseason moves looked terrible at the time but they ended up being great... So... That's it...

11 hours ago, tbrown2699 said:

Hurney 2.0 has done a good job thus far. He crafted a decent roster post gettleman. I think this coaching staff will have quite a bit of influence on the draft. Just don't blow it! His midseason moves looked terrible at the time but they ended up being great... So... That's it...

Exactly. Lets hope he learned from his mistakes of the past and Gettlemens errors too and he could be better then ever. Fingers crossed anyway.

6 hours ago, Drics13 said:

Exactly. Lets hope he learned from his mistakes of the past and Gettlemens errors too and he could be better then ever. Fingers crossed anyway.

If he doesn't trade a future 1st round pick for a middle 2nd rounder, I'd say that would be progress.

I'm trying to be optimistic about it.  The move he's made so far have been good.  Getting rid of Benjamin for a 3rd round pick.  Letting go of Stewart, Coleman, and Johnson, veterans that he might have been more reluctant to release in the past out of loyalty.  

HCs have made improvements in 2nd runs before.  Lets hope Hurney can do the same.

I like it for the continuity given all the ownership turnover and the inevitable roster shuffling upcoming. It's a threat to the stability that has been a big reason for the '10s teams and now those vets are starting to cycle out. He seems to have learned from his last stint with the team, in some ways I think that's more valuable than someone fresh who doesn't have the baggage. Makes him have to be that much more cautious since everyone is watching for his old tricks. He's on a short leash so I don't see how we lose.

Archived