2018 Vikings Draft Prospects - Defensive Line

swede700

On 3/9/2018 at 7:13 AM, wcblack34 said:

Looking to run a 4.6 at 315? Maybe he can play TE and run some seam routes......

A 4.6 from a DT that big does nothing for me. Give me a solid 10 yard split and I'll pay more attention. DT's need to show explosiveness, not raw straight line speed.

1 hour ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

A 4.6 from a DT that big does nothing for me. Give me a solid 10 yard split and I'll pay more attention. DT's need to show explosiveness, not raw straight line speed.

If he runs a 4.6, the ten yard split is going to be more than adequate...

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I'd put this near the top of the list for me, now that they have a QB. More QB pressure makes everyone's life easier on defense. That or CB. I have no clue what that means pick wise.....

wait, you don't want OL??

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

wait, you don't want OL??

Ha, I anticipated that!

I do, and I hope to see a DL and OL both in the first three picks.....or signed in FA.....I like the team a lot, they have a very good core. I'd like more OL, DL, CB talent for sure. The team is built on D, even if the O is better, they are a D first team....so I'd go DL as the top need right now.

Really expecting the team to trade down with the first round pick, so we can acquire some of the OL/DL starters and depth we need.  Could then go: 2nd round DL, 2nd Round OL, 3rd round DL, 4th round DL or something similar.  There should be some decent players available in the 2nd-4th rounds on the lines this draft.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2018 at 12:53 PM, NorthCountryEvo said:

A 4.6 from someone who is 315 LBs is, while completely unprecedented, a great sign of explosiveness.

If this kid somehow were to run that fast and jump a 38 vert, I'd buy the band wagon even tho I have no clue who he is.

Edit: a quick google search revealed I'm a little late here.  Hall already had his pro day.

Numbers were:

308 lbs and "just over 6 ft"

38" vert

116 broad

36 reps on bench

And no official 40 but reports from scouts were between the high 4.6's and the low 4.7's

For a reference, here's Aaron Donalds combine numbers

Archived