• Isaiah Wynn [ G/T ] Georgia
    • Rashaan Evans [ ILB ] Alabama
    • Taven Bryan [ DT ] Florida
    • Courtland Sutton [ WR ] SMU
    • Arden Key [ DE ] LSU
    • Mike McGlinchey [ OT ] Notre Dame
    • Ronald Jones II [ RB ] USC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/2018 at 10:16 PM

PLEASE READ THESE RULES BEFORE POSTING OR VOTING:

• Each poll will last 24 hours 
  • There are two polls, one to cast your first choice, one to cast your second preference
  • The player with the most votes from BOTH polls, will be declared the pick
  • There will be no run-offs
  • If you vote for the same player in both polls, your vote(s) will be disqualified

Before complaining about poll options, refer to this thread:-

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/7055-consensus-mock-rules-and-feedback-thread/

Green Bay Needs from https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-nfl-team-needs-041500466--spt.html

Pass Rusher: Even when it was clear last offseason their sagging pass rush needed to be addressed, the Packers largely ignored it in the 2017 draft and let go of Julius Peppers, who went on to lead the Panthers in sacks. Green Bay promptly slipped to 19th in the NFL in sacks (37) and 22nd in QB hits (83), further exposing a pass defense that continued to deal with myriad cornerback injuries. Whether it be off the edge or on the interior, new DC Mike Pettine’s side of the ball needs a pass-rush injection. 

Tight End: The Packers tried shoring up tight end by signing Martellus Bennett to a three-year deal last offseason, but Bennett finagled his way out of Green Bay after Aaron Rodgers went down. With Richard Rodgers scheduled for free agency, left behind are Lance Kendricks, Emanuel Byrd, and Robert Tonyan as the Packers’ only tight ends under contract for 2018. 

Offensive Line: Both lines could use work; Defensive line depth is badly needed in Green Bay. On the O-Line, RT Bryan Bulaga has been thrown around as a potential cap casualty coming off a torn ACL, and mercenary RG Jahri Evans’ contract is expiring after a bounce-back year. 2016 second-round T/G Jason Spriggs has struggled whenever he has played and can’t be counted on for a 2018 role. 

Results:-

1.Cleveland - Sam Darnold [QB] USC

2.NY Giants - Josh Rosen [QB] UCLA

3.Indianapolis - Bradley Chubb [DE] NC State

4.Cleveland(From Houston) - Saquon Barkley [RB] Penn St.

5.Denver - Quenton Nelson [OG] Notre Dame

6.NY Jets - Baker Mayfield [ QB ] Oklahoma

7.Tampa Bay - Minkah Fitzpatrick [ FS ] Alabama

8.Chicago - Denzel Ward [ CB ] Ohio St.

9.San Francisco - Tremaine Edmunds [ ILB ] Va. Tech

10.Oakland - Roquan Smith [ ILB ] Georgia

11.Miami - Marcus Davenport [ DE ] UTSA

12.Cincinnati - Connor Williams [ OT ] Texas

13.Washington - Vita Vea [ DT ] Washington

14.Green Bay

15.Arizona

16.Baltimore

17.LA Chargers

18.Seattle

19.Dallas

20.Detroit

21.Buffalo

22.Buffalo

23.LA Rams

24.Carolina

25.Tennessee

26.Atlanta

27.New Orleans

28.Pittsburgh

29.Jacksonville

30.Minnesota

31.New England

32.Philadelphia

I'm not terribly into the draft other than what I read at our board but I voted Landry first - we absolutely need a pass rusher first, no ifs or buts about it, and Landry seems to be the highest rated of the remaining ones.

Selected Josh Jackson too - even though he's not really my kind of CB, we need help in the secondary and I'm not sold about another safety, I'd rather bring Burnett back and invest elsewhere.

I went Landry/Jackson. I'd probably take Isaiah Oliver over Jackson for this defense but he isn't an option. It depends how Landry does at the combine, but his 2016 tape is more than worthy of this selection. Packers desperately need depth at EDGE Rusher. Matthews and Perry are good, but they need a blow and both have trouble staying healthy.

52 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We'll be given Landry unfortunately. Seems like the typical need reach.

Derwin James should be the pick. Don't care the position, we need the best defensive player on the board. Certainly not Landry or Jackson. 

Is Derwin James the clear BPA at this point?  And if we select him, what exactly do we do with Josh Jones?

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Is Derwin James the clear BPA at this point?  And if we select him, what exactly do we do with Josh Jones?

Play both? We're no longer in a game where two safeties play and if you want to run nickel or dime backs on the fiels, those guys are CBs.

Jones could play ILB and James S on 3rd down. James could be in the slot on a TE, Jones deep and HHCD in the box. Doesn't matter, play them where they fit.

In a season like this past one, I'd much rather see HHCD, James and Jones on the field than bust out Lenzy Pipkins or Josh Hawkins.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Play both? We're no longer in a game where two safeties play and if you want to run nickel or dime backs on the fiels, those guys are CBs.

Jones could play ILB and James S on 3rd down. James could be in the slot on a TE, Jones deep and HHCD in the box. Doesn't matter, play them where they fit.

In a season like this past one, I'd much rather see HHCD, James and Jones on the field than bust out Lenzy Pipkins or Josh Hawkins.

Are we really going to play much 3 safeties look?  Because even with Capers, we didn't run a ton of 3 safety looks.  So you're essentially making Josh Jones a LB/S hybrid, whose essentially playing next to Blake Martinez.  So you're not substituting him for Lenzy Pipkins or Josh Hawkins.  You're substituting him for Jake Ryan.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Are we really going to play much 3 safeties look?  Because even with Capers, we didn't run a ton of 3 safety looks.  So you're essentially making Josh Jones a LB/S hybrid, whose essentially playing next to Blake Martinez.  So you're not substituting him for Lenzy Pipkins or Josh Hawkins.  You're substituting him for Jake Ryan.

We'll play the best players. I don't think James is a S. He's a DB. He's freak athlete Micah Hyde. Josh Jones made most of his plays around the LOS, so yes I want to see more of him at nickel LB too. I'm done pigeon holing players because of a position. We played Morgan Burnett at slot CB while House was hurt and moved Randall outside. So yes any one of these guys could replace a CB, not just ILB.

Archived