New Mock with Trades.

bosko1616

Free Agency

QB- AJ McCarron  

CB-Trumaine Johnson 

WR - Terrell Pryor Sr. 

LB - Derrick Johnson ( Pure Veteren Leadership ) 

Trade 35,5th, and Cody Kessler for Marcus Peters CB. Owner wants him gone. Dorsey drafted him. It makes sense. 

Draft

Trade #1 to the Giants for #2,Sterling Shepherd WR, 4th and 2019 3rd and 5th 

2. Saquon Barkley RB 

4. Baker Mayfield QB 

33 Traded to the Jaguars for 61, 4th and 2019 1st ( payed more for Lamar Jackson QB) 

61. Ronnie Harrison FS 

65. Mark Andrews TE ( I have three or four TEs ranked around the same I have Andrews being the one that falls ) 

66. Josh Sweat DE

4. Josey Jewell ILB 

4. Tarvarus McFadden CB 

Upgraded Units  

QB - McCarron, Mayfield, Kizer 

RB - Barkley, Duke 

WR - Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Shepherd 

TE - Njuko, Andrews 

Secondary 

CB-Peters,Johnson,BBC, Taylor,Wilson, McFadden 

SS Peppers, Kindred 

FS Harrison,Nacua

12 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

B-Trumaine Johnson 

2. Saquon Barkley RB 

4. Baker Mayfield QB 

Not sure I understand this but what I do understand is that any offseason that lands us this cast of characters probably spells failure.

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Trade 35,5th, and Cody Kessler for Marcus Peters CB. Owner wants him gone. Dorsey drafted him. It makes sense. 

I'd be sooo pissed with this as a Chiefs fan. That's not enough for one of the best CB in football. The guy is a turnover machine.

Great signing of DJ though. I wish we'd keep him in KC on a cheap deal.

I think it'd be horrible for the Browns to get McCarron and not draft someone. It may take a year or two, but I believe Haley should get who he wants and he'll turn around the offense.

@bosko1616, don't listen to them; this draft is EPIC. You just, like, get me! Seriously, though. 

Seriously, though...Baker/Saquon/Mark Andrews(/Orlando Brown); I love all these prospects. And though I've literally envisioned 90% of this going down, I had forgotten all about Sterling Shepard being stuck in a WR logjam at WR. I like him a lot and can still see him doing big things in this league with the right system. 

AJ McCarron would be awesome as well. I see him as a QB1. They all think I'm nuts. Combine him with Pryor to run Hue/Todd Haley's offense for one season of winner take all, win or go home. I'd love for that to be the 2018 season. 

Then pair them with Saquon and a full off-season for Flash...

Then we have a cornerback duo pop up out of thin air to rival Jacksonville. 

Then a very interesting pick. I love me some Ronnie Harrison. I haven't really seen others mocking him to us.  He looks like a dynamic playmaker on the field to me. And here comes the hot take: I could see him having an even better career than Minkah.

Nice work. And yes, we are in the minority here. 

3 things:

I see Ronnie Harrison as more of a SS, which I believe is the common consensus.

I will go to the grave believing: you never take RB top 10. Late first round at the earliest.

I just dont see any motivation for the Giants to trade up to 1. But I might be missing something youve seen, or a differant view-point. Trust me, Im the first one to acknowledge I can be wrong.

I always like to see mocks that strike away from the crowd. Stir things up. Good for you, buddy.

31 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

@bosko1616, don't listen to them; this draft is EPIC. You just, like, get me! Seriously, though. 

Seriously, though...Baker/Saquon/Mark Andrews(/Orlando Brown); I love all these prospects. And though I've literally envisioned 90% of this going down, I had forgotten all about Sterling Shepard being stuck in a WR logjam at WR. I like him a lot and can still see him doing big things in this league with the right system. 

AJ McCarron would be awesome as well. I see him as a QB1. They all think I'm nuts. Combine him with Pryor to run Hue/Todd Haley's offense for one season of winner take all, win or go home. I'd love for that to be the 2018 season. 

Then pair them with Saquon and a full off-season for Flash...

Then we have a cornerback duo pop up out of thin air to rival Jacksonville. 

Then a very interesting pick. I love me some Ronnie Harrison. I haven't really seen others mocking him to us.  He looks like a dynamic playmaker on the field to me. And here comes the hot take: I could see him having an even better career than Minkah.

Nice work. And yes, we are in the minority here. 

Minkah gives me pause, especially at 4. A big question must be answered: lockdown CB, or FS/hybrid? I believe a similar question was raised about Jalen Ramsey when he came out. Jacksonville felt lockdown CB, so they drafted him appropriately and were proven correct in that eval.

If we think Minkah is a shutdown CB, then jump at him at 4, but if we think hes more FS/hybrid, then there is no way. In the history of the NFL, I can think of only FOUR safeties I could validate taking top 10. Tatum, Lott, Polumalu, and Ed Reed, and all were big playmakers. Minkah doesnt seem to be a big playmaker, but more versatile, smart, and reliable.

I could just as easily see Minkah become Malcolm Jenkins/Antrelle Rolle, both good FS, but hardly worth top 10 picks.

I personally think its wiser to sign Tre Boston, a smart, instinctive, young vet with good coverage skills, and draft a shutdown type CB. At least, that would be my approach.

2 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

If we think Minkah is a shutdown CB, then jump at him at 4, but if we think hes more FS/hybrid, then there is no way. In the history of the NFL, I can think of only FOUR safeties I could validate taking top 10. Tatum, Lott, Polumalu, and Ed Reed, and all were big playmakers. Minkah doesnt seem to be a big playmaker, but more versatile, smart, and reliable.

tumblr_lvc3u9SdzI1qhkiyxo1_500.jpg

628x471.jpg

32e0b079087b0114ac2e60965beeae40.jpg

I can think of a few more.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

tumblr_lvc3u9SdzI1qhkiyxo1_500.jpg

628x471.jpg

32e0b079087b0114ac2e60965beeae40.jpg

I can think of a few more.

I think those three are very good, but Earl Thomas hasnt surpassed Ed Reeds career, Berry is an inspiration but not legendary in my opinion, and Sean Taylor; yes he had plenty of unrealized potential due to his untimely death, but look at his numbers. He had good, not great numbers, 2 pro-bowls in 4 seasons, and allot of Miami hype. He truly was a good player, one of the best at his position when he played, but one of the best is not THE best.

There are certain positions that are paramount to championship level play, and Safety is not one of them. No one wins a ring because of phenominal safety play. Phenominal passrush, yes. QB, yes. Corners, yes; just ask the 2015 patriots who got over the top finally in large part due to Revis and Browner

40 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I think those three are very good, but Earl Thomas hasnt surpassed Ed Reeds career, Berry is an inspiration but not legendary in my opinion, and Sean Taylor; yes he had plenty of unrealized potential due to his untimely death, but look at his numbers. He had good, not great numbers, 2 pro-bowls in 4 seasons, and allot of Miami hype. He truly was a good player, one of the best at his position when he played, but one of the best is not THE best.

There are certain positions that are paramount to championship level play, and Safety is not one of them. No one wins a ring because of phenominal safety play. Phenominal passrush, yes. QB, yes. Corners, yes; just ask the 2015 patriots who got over the top finally in large part due to Revis and Browner

I’m a ton higher on safety play than you. I’ve seen defenses turn around based on good safety play. Imagine if we had two safeties that played within 20 yards of the LOS. 

Any mock draft that has us taking Baker is an epic failure. 

keep-beating-a-dead-horse-1.png

He. Is. Too. Small. Watch his highlight reel. It P###es me off watching him. Just like how Isiah Thomas annoyed me. Then you add in his attitude and off field antics... NO! It's not Moxie. It is called being a D-bag and a lush. Some other team can live with the disappointment of wasting a high round pick on him. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived