New Mock with Trades.

bosko1616

On 2/22/2018 at 6:37 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Antrel Rolle is the perfect comparison for Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Antrel Rolle was a 3x PB, 2x 2nd team all pro at safety, a position he only played from 2009 to 2015.  Had he played there from 2005 on, who knows what he could have become at safety.  if minkah is antrel rolle and we start him at FS from day one, im A O K with that.

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

Antrel Rolle was a 3x PB, 2x 2nd team all pro at safety, a position he only played from 2009 to 2015.  Had he played there from 2005 on, who knows what he could have become at safety.  if minkah is antrel rolle and we start him at FS from day one, im A O K with that.

Man I don’t see Rolle. Rolle was a good FS prospect from day one that people thought could possibly stay at corner. He always had that rangy skillset

Idk if Minkah has that I really don’t. I just don’t see pure sideline to sideline range. 

Its tough but I keep thinking of Malik Hooker last year that’s my ideal free safety. So much range it didn’t make sense. Minkah just ain’t that 

On 2/23/2018 at 4:24 PM, Fatgerman said:

Jeez, who peed in your cheerios? Were you a highschool safety or something? Im not gonna lie, your tenor chapped my rear a bit, but I dont wanna be one of those guys who gets petty and nasty on a stupid internet forum about SPORTS of all things. I will refrain from juvenile retorts as best I can. 

Yes, Sharper was pretty much a JAG by that point in his career, so I stand by my statement.

Unrealized Potential or Production? Come on! Youre splitting hairs. I try not to be trivial about semantics, and thats exactly what that was. I dont drive a car, I operate an automobile9_99_9

Thing of it is, we will never know how long either Turner or Jones would have maintained their level of play. Guys go in and out of the league all the time, starting out as studs and by year 5 or 6 their careers fizzle out.  And Ernie Davis could have busted in the NFL, never played so we will never know. A player who MIGHT have been great doesnt get a bust in the HOF for a reason.

Otherwise, we better get a bust ready for Lecharles Bentley. He was dam good until his knee went, but maybe you didnt know, anyone of us on this board could tear his patella tendon and get staph TODAY;) 

We can get shot or cancer? The hell you say.... Come on. You act like I denegrated these guys. Get over it. Lighten up. 

You clearly missed my point. Top ten picks should be cornerstone positions, positions that are vital to Championships. Safety is not one of those positions. Safeties, Linebackers, Interior O-Line, TEs, and RBs, although important, are positions to be drafted after the top ten. QB, WR, LT, DE, DT, and CB are top ten positions.

Me pointing out those safeties not having rings was me pointing out that the safety position is rarily the driving force of championship teams. Gotta have good safety play, but elite safety play is not required. And BTW, I didnt make up this philosophy, its one thats been in the league for years.

Now, I hope we can chill, be cool, and remember that we are brothers under the Browns banner. Orange and Brown is thicker than water.

LOL, no one peed in my Cherio's....also I dont eat Cherio's....I'm a Frosted Flakes man;)

Apologies if if you took my retort in a negative way, it was not meant for that....I simply presented the counter argument to your statement about Cornerstone players. I feel like your genralizing to the point of missing your own point. I agree with some of what you say, at the same time I disagree, with parts of it...saying in General that RB is not of the positions that are vital to Championships, I would disagree...for instance the Bronco's had all those positions you mentioned covered, but even the Great John Elway, did not get a title until Terrell Davis got in the backfield with him...I would retort that if the individual player is Good enough, then any position (except P and LS) can be crucial to a Championship caliber team. RB position is typically not a premium position...but when happens when you have Barry Sanders coming out of school? He was a running back you can build a championship caliber team around (and I know your argument...how many rings does he have....my counter argument would be how many rings does dan marino have?.....I stand by my statement..it takes a team)

And I completely disagree with Semantics......Unrealized Potential vs Unrealized Production, as explained as simply as I can express it in my previous post, if you don't see the logic in it, that is one of those agree to disagree points. Pissing away your talent, when you were a superstar in college and then you come into the league and get hooked on Hookers and Cocaine and never realize your potential, OR you come into the league do decent in year 1 and then become the best player in the NFL at your position in year 2, then you go on a 4 year crack binge......is a LOT different then coming into the league and COMPLETELY dominating your position for 4-5 seasons and then someone breaks in your house one night and shoots you dead.....I just see those two situations completely different, if you dont.......then I understand that we perceive things differently, which is cool.

We are always chill and cool? I'm still trying to figure out how we stopped being that????:)

And last but not least.....saying Darren Sharper was a JAG at that point in his career....were you talking about when he lead all safeties in the league in INT's when he was 25 w/ Green Bay, or again when he was 30 w/ Minnesota, or again when he was 34 (his 13th season) w/ New Orleans (3 of which were returned for TD's?) at which stage of his career were you referring too when you said "Yes, Sharper was pretty much a JAG by that point in his career, so I stand by my statement"? Not trying to get on your back about things, I have been watching football for a VERY long time, so when I hear a statement that is simply not true, I am going to voice my opinion 9 times out of 10. Darren Sharper was never a JAG.....not only from watching him play for 10+ seasons, for 3 different teams but also his stats would say different also......you don't wind up tied in career INT's with Ronnie Lott being a JAG Hoss.....;)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SharDa00.htm

Peace and Blessings Good Brother

6 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

LOL, no one peed in my Cherio's....also I dont eat Cherio's....I'm a Frosted Flakes man;)

Apologies if if you took my retort in a negative way, it was not meant for that....I simply presented the counter argument to your statement about Cornerstone players. I feel like your genralizing to the point of missing your own point. I agree with some of what you say, at the same time I disagree, with parts of it...saying in General that RB is not of the positions that are vital to Championships, I would disagree...for instance the Bronco's had all those positions you mentioned covered, but even the Great John Elway, did not get a title until Terrell Davis got in the backfield with him...I would retort that if the individual player is Good enough, then any position (except P and LS) can be crucial to a Championship caliber team. RB position is typically not a premium position...but when happens when you have Barry Sanders coming out of school? He was a running back you can build a championship caliber team around (and I know your argument...how many rings does he have....my counter argument would be how many rings does dan marino have?.....I stand by my statement..it takes a team)

And I completely disagree with Semantics......Unrealized Potential vs Unrealized Production, as explained as simply as I can express it in my previous post, if you don't see the logic in it, that is one of those agree to disagree points. Pissing away your talent, when you were a superstar in college and then you come into the league and get hooked on Hookers and Cocaine and never realize your potential, OR you come into the league do decent in year 1 and then become the best player in the NFL at your position in year 2, then you go on a 4 year crack binge......is a LOT different then coming into the league and COMPLETELY dominating your position for 4-5 seasons and then someone breaks in your house one night and shoots you dead.....I just see those two situations completely different, if you dont.......then I understand that we perceive things differently, which is cool.

We are always chill and cool? I'm still trying to figure out how we stopped being that????:)

And last but not least.....saying Darren Sharper was a JAG at that point in his career....were you talking about when he lead all safeties in the league in INT's when he was 25 w/ Green Bay, or again when he was 30 w/ Minnesota, or again when he was 34 (his 13th season) w/ New Orleans (3 of which were returned for TD's?) at which stage of his career were you referring too when you said "Yes, Sharper was pretty much a JAG by that point in his career, so I stand by my statement"? Not trying to get on your back about things, I have been watching football for a VERY long time, so when I hear a statement that is simply not true, I am going to voice my opinion 9 times out of 10. Darren Sharper was never a JAG.....not only from watching him play for 10+ seasons, for 3 different teams but also his stats would say different also......you don't wind up tied in career INT's with Ronnie Lott being a JAG Hoss.....;)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SharDa00.htm

Peace and Blessings Good Brother

Youre on notice, @DaWg_LB. Watch your back on these boards, cuz you never know when the Blitz-Krieg is coming!:D

Maybe I missed breakfast that day. I got a lil pissy myself. I think we are on the same wavelength now. My bad, guy. I was right about everything I said, except for the stuff where I wrong.

I will never say you can win with bad TEs, RBs, Interior OL, LBs, and safeties. But elite is not required, IMO.

18 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@Fatgerman I can say with 100% certainty that @DaWg_LB. is never trying to be disrespectful.  He’s been here well over a decade and I can’t remember a single guy who didn’t get along with him.

Dude’s as chill as they come.

FWIW....

Now you know one! You better watch your back too, LGB. I stomped a man to death with a clog just to watch him die, well, that and because theres NO cutsies in a buffett line! Ever! 

14 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Now you know one! You better watch your back too, LGB. I stomped a man to death with a clog just to watch him die, well, and because theres NO cutsies in a buffett line! Ever! 

tenor.gif?itemid=7685042

This isnt you is it my friend? :D

No worries my friend....after 1-31 over the past two seasons......we ALL are a BIT on edge eh? ;)

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7685042

This isnt you is it my friend? :D

No worries my friend....after 1-31 over the past two seasons......we ALL are a BIT on edge eh? ;)

Girl-scout needed the thumb? If you cant kill a man with your pinky finger, then youre a poor excuse for a man.

19 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@Fatgerman I can say with 100% certainty that @DaWg_LB. is never trying to be disrespectful.  He’s been here well over a decade and I can’t remember a single guy who didn’t get along with him.

Dude’s as chill as they come.

FWIW....

Fake news. @DaWg_LB. framed Hat McCullough for the murder of 23 babies. 

Archived