J-Deere’s Feb Mock (trades)

Johnny Nix

Would you be happy with your teams pick?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with your teams pick?

• Heck yes
    • Uhhhhhh no
    • Whatever

1. Denver (CLE)- Josh Rosen QB UCLA

-Elway moves up to take his franchise guy, giving up 2 1sts, a 2nd, and 4th. Cleveland continues to collect picks, hoping they can still get a QB of the future after trading a 2nd for Nick Foles and a 4th. Rosen should be the answer for the next decade.

2. New York Giants- Sam Darnold QB USC

-Giants find their heir apparent to Eli Manning. Darnold has all the tools just needs to work on his mental game.

3. Cleveland (IND)- Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma 

-After acquiring Nick Foles in a trade, the Browns continue to go all in at the QB position this offseason, hoping to bring stability to the position that has plagued them so long. Cleveland gives up a 3rd to the Colts to make sure they get one of the top guys.

4. Indianapolis (CLE)- Bradley Chubb DE NC State

- Indy picks up a 3rd from Cleveland to move back a spot and still grab the guy they wanted in Chubb. Should help bring pass rush ability from day 1.

5. Cleveland (DEN)- Saquan Barkley RB Penn State 

-The Browns look to continue adding playmakers to a young and rebuilding team. Barkley is a home run hitter that will bring excitement to a franchise longing for success. 

6. New York Jets- Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame

-The Jets sign AJ McCarron in free agency, now with their QB in the fold they look to protect him with arguably the drafts best player. 

7. Tampa Bay- Minkah Fitzpatrick DB Alabama

-Adding playmakers to the back end is a priority this offseason. Fitzpatrick is a solid DB that can player corner or safety. 

8. Chicago- Calvin Ridley WR Alabama

-The Bears are hesitant to draft another WR this high after being burned by Kevin White. However offensive playmakers are a priority and they get their shot at the top guy in this class. 

9. San Francisco- Connor Williams LT Texas

-Jimmy already is a star in SF. The 9ers look to keep their guy on his feet with my top rated LT. Williams was a dominant LT prior to injury, and with a solid combine should erase any doubt. 

10. Oakland- Roquan Smith LB Georgia

-The Raiders add one of my favorite players in the draft. A dynamic side line to side line LB that can also cover. 

11. Miami- Tremaine Edmunds OLB VA Tech 

- Miami adds a speedy playmaking LB to bolster their defense.

12. Arizona (CIN)- Josh Allen QB Wyoming

-The Cards trade a 2nd, and swap 3rd and 4ths for the 12th pick to grab the debatable Allen. 

13. Washington- Derwin James S Florida State

-The Redskins add a guy reminiscent of the late Sean Taylor. This guy is going to be a beast. 

14. Green Bay- Denzel Ward CB Ohio State 

-Green Bay adds another younger corner next to King. 

15. Cincinnati (ARI)- Vita Vea DT Washington

- Cincy adds another 2nd and looks to upgrade the offensive line later. Vea at this point in the draft offers to much talent to ignore matching him with Atkins inside. 

16. Baltimore- Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M

- The Ravens have been looking for a stud WR for some some time. 

17. LA Chargers- Rashaan Evans LB Alabama

18. Seattle- Joshua Jackson CB Iowa

19. Dallas- Maurice Hurst DT Michigan

20. Detroit- Arden Key DE LSU

21. Buffalo- Courtland Sutton WR SMU

22. Buffalo- Da’Ron Payne DT Alabama

23. LA Rams- Isaiah Wynn G Georgia

24. Carolina- Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame

25. Tennessee- Marcus Davenport DE UTSA

26. Atlanta- DeShon Elliot S Texas

27. New Orleans- Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma

28. Pittsburgh- Malik Jefferson LB Texas

29. Jacksonville- Billy Price G/C Ohio State

30. Minnesota- Will Hernandez G UTEP

31. New England- Harold Landry LB Boston College

32. Philadelphia- Orlando Brown RT Oklahoma 

35 minutes ago, The OUTLAW said:

This is awful for the Browns.  Among the worst I've seen.  A lot of pointless movement.   Foles has definitely not proven that he can play outside of the system that he was successful in at Philadelphia.  Definitely not worth a second. 

How so? (Albeit I didn’t specify originally what the Browns got to trade out of 1) the Browns collect picks, still get a QB at 3 and get Foles. The Browns need to bring in talent at the QB position to solve that long standing problem. 

Considering it's not one of our needs and the Falcons are 100% a needs drafting team then no it would not be a very good or acceptable pick my friend :)

Safety actually isn't even in our top 4 or 5 needs as  DT/DE,  NT,  OG, TE, and WR are all much bigger needs than FA and even then we have depth needs at LB and maybe a power RB more so than at FS. 

We have our starting safety duo and they are dang good at what they do as well.  Neal is a Pro Bowl SS and Rico Allen is the leader of our defense and Dimitroff is already talking about working on an extension for him this offseason.   The only way he won't be our FS for a long time to come is if someone gives us the 2nd round tender value we put on him as a RFA this year while we work on his contract Ext.  and offers him a crazy amount of cash that we just can't match.    Then at that point yes FS would be a need but as of right now it's not even in the top 5 of needs.

As for who you have left i your draft with our needs and best value that would be Taven Bryan   SDE/DT from Florida

11 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Considering it's not one of our needs and the Falcons are 100% a needs drafting team then no it would not be a very good or acceptable pick my friend :)

Safety actually isn't even in our top 4 or 5 needs as  DT/DE,  NT,  OG, TE, and WR are all much bigger needs than FA and even then we have depth needs at LB and maybe a power RB more so than at FS. 

We have our starting safety duo and they are dang good at what they do as well.  Neal is a Pro Bowl SS and Rico Allen is the leader of our defense and Dimitroff is already talking about working on an extension for him this offseason.   The only way he won't be our FS for a long time to come is if someone gives us the 2nd round tender value we put on him as a RFA this year while we work on his contract Ext.  and offers him a crazy amount of cash that we just can't match.    Then at that point yes FS would be a need but as of right now it's not even in the top 5 of needs.

As for who you have left i your draft with our needs and best value that would be Taven Bryan   SDE/DT from Florida

Yeah I had trouble figuring out what to do for ATL

Just now, johndeere1707 said:

Yeah I had trouble figuring out what to do for ATL

Come on now broham you should know by now if ya stumped on us and our needs to msg me lol.   I give info and pointers to Zappa all the time although i never make the picks for him but i atleast get him in the right direction of our most important needs and the reasons why.     Anytime you need help just hit me up i'll offer up what i can to help ya out.

The Vikings upgrade preferences & value added for RT and DT (3 tech?) are stronger than for OG. 

But a rookie OG starter would allow RT Remmers to remain in his current position rather than shift to RG.

Good choice.  Could be better if a great RT prospect were available at pick 30 and you chose that guy.

8 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

How so? (Albeit I didn’t specify originally what the Browns got to trade out of 1) the Browns collect picks, still get a QB at 3 and get Foles. The Browns need to bring in talent at the QB position to solve that long standing problem. 

Foles is not worth a 2nd, much less a 2nd and 4th.  Not to mention I wouldn't want any part of Mayfield at 3.  Overall, this really is completely misguided and a failure for the Browns IMO

For Cleveland --- UH No. Any draft that has us picking Mayfield is a bust. ANY draft that has us trading up to pick Mayfield is a bigger and better bust. Here we would have traded for Foles. He is our QB and our Franchise guy. We would not need to pick a top 5 QB. Don't waste any more picks on a QB. Stay at #4 and #5 take Barkley and either O Brown, Williams or McGlinchey. Build our offense around Foles. In the second take WRs. With our #64 and #65 picks take dropping talent regardless of the position. 

In conclusion just say no to Baker "Manziel" Mayfield. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived