J-Deere’s Feb Mock (trades)

Johnny Nix

Would you be happy with your teams pick?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with your teams pick?

• Heck yes
    • Uhhhhhh no
    • Whatever

13 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

How so? (Albeit I didn’t specify originally what the Browns got to trade out of 1) the Browns collect picks, still get a QB at 3 and get Foles. The Browns need to bring in talent at the QB position to solve that long standing problem. 

I don’t hate  like my fellow Browns fan because I believe Mayfield could be successful at the next level so he + Barkley + extra picks is a successful 1st round IMO  

Dont like the Foles trade tho would much rather sign a bridge QB in FA like McCarron,Josh McCown, Tyrod Taylor, or even Mark Sanchez

2 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

For Cleveland --- UH No. Any draft that has us picking Mayfield is a bust. ANY draft that has us trading up to pick Mayfield is a bigger and better bust. Here we would have traded for Foles. He is our QB and our Franchise guy. We would not need to pick a top 5 QB. Don't waste any more picks on a QB. Stay at #4 and #5 take Barkley and either O Brown, Williams or McGlinchey. Build our offense around Foles. In the second take WRs. With our #64 and #65 picks take dropping talent regardless of the position. 

In conclusion just say no to Baker "Manziel" Mayfield. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Yes, yes, and more yes. If we get Foles, have us take Mason Rudolph a little later on. Then draft Barkley and either Fitzpatrick or one of the o-linemen.

Not a fan for the 49ers. When it comes to tackles, we have one of the better pairs in the NFL. Now, tackle is definitely more of a long term need (there is some reticence so far on re-signing brown, Staley is up there in age, but still playing extremely well and under contract 2 more seasons), but there's no reason to address that in the first round (particularly with a prospect I feel is a pretty big reach) when we have a ton of more pressing immediate needs. We'd just be kicking Williams inside to guard to start, and while that's a need, you're now talking about taking a top 10 prospect, changing his position and hoping he does so well, etc etc. With an absolutely dire need at corner, a strong need for a pass rusher, and a potential need at linebacker, it's just not a pick that I think we will be making. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Not a fan for the 49ers. When it comes to tackles, we have one of the better pairs in the NFL. Now, tackle is definitely more of a long term need (there is some reticence so far on re-signing brown, Staley is up there in age, but still playing extremely well and under contract 2 more seasons), but there's no reason to address that in the first round (particularly with a prospect I feel is a pretty big reach) when we have a ton of more pressing immediate needs. We'd just be kicking Williams inside to guard to start, and while that's a need, you're now talking about taking a top 10 prospect, changing his position and hoping he does so well, etc etc. With an absolutely dire need at corner, a strong need for a pass rusher, and a potential need at linebacker, it's just not a pick that I think we will be making. 

I knew Staley was getting up there in age and was under the impression his play was declining. Maybe I was wrong 

1 minute ago, johndeere1707 said:

I knew Staley was getting up there in age and was under the impression his play was declining. Maybe I was wrong 

2nd team all pro last year, 2nd ranked tackle in NFL per pff. The year before, admittedly, he was pretty meh. I thought he was definitely declining. Then he was a monster last year outside of maybe the game against Dallas. 

5 hours ago, mlucas12002 said:

Yes, yes, and more yes. If we get Foles, have us take Mason Rudolph a little later on. Then draft Barkley and either Fitzpatrick or one of the o-linemen.

No, no, noooooooo Foles is no where a proven enough commodity at QB to pass on a top guy at #1 the only scenario where the shouldn’t draft a QB is if they sign Cousins 

25 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

No, no, noooooooo Foles is no where a proven enough commodity at QB to pass on a top guy at #1 the only scenario where the shouldn’t draft a QB is if they sign Cousins 

I would argue none of these QBs outside of maybe Rosen (who doesn’t want to play for the Browns) is proven commodity either. Foles just won a SB. If that’s not proven enough for you I don’t know what is. Maybe adapt the offensive system to cater to his playing style?

I like the pick of Nelson, I just don't like that you have the reason why as bc we signed McCarron. Sub in Cousins in that sentence and you have a win for me. I think the Jets are all in on Cousins 100% and if they miss they are than 100% in on drafting a QB. I don't think a FA outside of Cousins is in their plan. Resigning McCown and drafting a rookie is than the plan.

2 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I would argue none of these QBs outside of maybe Rosen (who doesn’t want to play for the Browns) is proven commodity either. Foles just won a SB. If that’s not proven enough for you I don’t know what is. Maybe adapt the offensive system to cater to his playing style?

Obviously non of these QB in the draft are proven commodities because non of them have played a down in the NFL, The point i was trying to make is that Foles hasn’t done enough IMO to warrant the Browns not taking a QB at 1 and I’m not alone in this position. Philly had him once before and decided to trade for Sam Bradford. No team in the past has been willing to comment to him as their franchise QB and him shredding a terrible defense doesn’t change that even in a super bowl 

3 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

3 games, no that's not proven.  Heck, he sucked just before that. 

On 2/22/2018 at 9:19 PM, BrownsDog23 said:

That's kind of my point....I personally think Rudolph will be the best QB to come out of this class. I certainly don't think any of the "top guys" are worth it.

Archived