Trade idea

Johnny Nix

Glenn has a 9 mil salary this year and has missed a lot of games. Dawkins played well in his absence so Buffalo could well shop him. 

Buffalo should include pick 20 rather than 21 in their offer. Assuming the Bengals don't sign a new starting LT in free agency (safe bet), then I'd take the deal for the Bengals. I'd rather have Glenn than Williams or McGlinchey at LT in 2018.

6 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I think we would be doing them a favor if we trade for him. If they are going to cut him, let them.

At this point, I'd rather trade a later pick.  if we trade back with Buffalo, I want both of their picks.  Of course, we have to throw in a day 2 or early 3 pick too

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

I'd hope we get more than Glenn to move down from 12 to 20. Bills are considering cutting him since he makes 9 mil and lost his job to Dawkins, the rookie last season. 

I’d imagine we would get more but I honestly would be fine with it

2 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

The injuries and contract make me feel like he is more in the fifth round range as an asset. Maybe add Buffalo's second or third to that trade. I do like the idea of getting Glenn. Still probably want a first round tackle, but not desperate for it.

I’d rate him as a 3rd or 4th round value. But since the tackle market is barren IMO his value increases. I still think we add another tackle just not in the first unless they are BPA. If we pull off this trade I’m hoping they add one of the stud DT prospects 

I'm Ok with this trade but I think we could get more.  If one of the top QBs drops to our pick, I could definitely see Buffalo aggressively trying to move up.  We could get Glenn, #21 overall, and a 3rd round pick.

Get Glenn and then take James Daniels at #21.  OT and Center combo would be a big boost to our offense...

Archived