Is it time to blow it up and start anew?

Golfman

1 hour ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I’ll say this, whenever Rodgers is done here I want this team to go full rebuild and suck out loud for a year or two if we have to do so. We’re devoid of top talent from a near decade of picking outside the top 10, the best chance to get back to a top level is taking the Jaguars approach of drafting well AND making the right free agency additions when you have a stupid amount of cap to do so.

I agree in part.

lets do that unless we don't have to

8 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I’ll say this, whenever Rodgers is done here I want this team to go full rebuild and suck out loud for a year or two if we have to do so. We’re devoid of top talent from a near decade of picking outside the top 10, the best chance to get back to a top level is taking the Jaguars approach of drafting well AND making the right free agency additions when you have a stupid amount of cap to do so.

Full rebuild takes more than a year or two and it'll take more than a year or two to fill a roster with top talent. How long habe the Jaguars been working on it?

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I can pretty much guarantee you that we won't pick a QB on Day 2 of the draft.  And I think the response from posters might be bordering on a riot.

Btw.....are there procedures in place to handle a poster riot?
"Attica.....Attica!"
:o

On 2/24/2018 at 1:30 PM, CWood21 said:

I'm not even sure how to go about it.

First off, the only way the Packers would even entertain the notion of blowing it up is if a team offered us a Godfather kind of offer.  Think like Myles Garrett, and the Browns 2 first round picks at a bare minimum to get the Packers to even consider that.  That's the kind of offer you'd need to get in order to justify moving Aaron Rodgers.  And even then, the PR disaster of dealing Aaron Rodgers is almost too much.  That's why I think it's highly unlikely at best that they'd even entertain an offer on Rodgers even if some team was willing to pay the price.

Secondly, would a team be willing to make that kind of Godfather offer?  My guess is not.  That's a TON of capital that you're giving up for Aaron Rodgers, and the next contract he's due.  That's probably too much for a team like Cleveland to stomach.

You hit the nail on the head. This isn’t madden. You trade Rodgers and you sever the fan base and put ALL YOUR JOBS on the line. If we have 1-2 losing seasons we fire MM. If we have 3, there’s no way we extend our new GM. Murphy would likely be forced out too since he’s now all-powerful and it’d be deemed a failure by the board of directors. 

The only way you move a franchise QB is if you don’t believe in his skillset, or if you have another guy on-roster. Even a R1 rookie could easily bust and get everybody who took that risk fired.

Archived