2018 Vikings Draft Prospects - Offensive Line

swede700

I know we'll have a different system this year, but most of the time we pulled linemen last year, wasn't it on the left side (Reiff, Easton, Elflein)? I don't remember too many right side pulls, but maybe I'm just forgetting them.

The talk of Hernandez being not as athletic makes me think he'd project more to the right side, in more of a David Dixon role, if you will. Wynn definitely would hold up just fine on the left side.

I've started looking at a few more middle-tier offensive lineman prospects and recently started watching Will Clapp from LSU. He's had an interesting career. Started all but one game as a right guard as a red shirt freshmen. Was a first team All-SEC left guard as a sophomore and was the first team SEC center. That's a lot of starting experience for a junior; especially from a school that puts out some solid offensive line talent and runs a pro-style system. He's currently being labeled as a 5th/6th round pick.

On 3/18/2018 at 5:00 PM, Klomp said:

I know we'll have a different system this year,

To be perfectly honest, I’m not expecting any big changes to the offensive system. 

No doubt that DeFilippo will have his mark on things, but I can’t see Zimmer/Spielman hiring someone who was going to making big changes to the most successful offense in their tenure. 

Plus, both Shurmur and DeFilippo are WCO guys. I’d expect there to be some similarities, regardless. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

To be perfectly honest, I’m not expecting any big changes to the offensive system. 

No doubt that DeFilippo will have his mark on things, but I can’t see Zimmer/Spielman hiring someone who was going to making big changes to the most successful offense in their tenure. 

Plus, both Shurmur and DeFilippo are WCO guys. I’d expect there to be some similarities, regardless. 

I think that there are two kinds of WCO guys.  There are those, like Bill Walsh, who sees it as an attacking offense against the exposed weaknesses of the defense.  Usually, in short to intermediate timing plays with a lot of movement and play action.  Then there are those guys, with the same set of plays, but use the WCO conservatively, trying to be mistake free.  Andy Reid is this kind of WCO guy in my opinion.  I think Walsh's philosophy was the correct one.  I hope DeFilippo has more of an attack philosophy then a play it safe philosophy.  Shurmur got WAAAAAY to conservative in the playoffs, in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I think that there are two kinds of WCO guys.  There are those, like Bill Walsh, who sees it as an attacking offense against the exposed weaknesses of the defense.  Usually, in short to intermediate timing plays with a lot of movement and play action.  Then there are those guys, with the same set of plays, but use the WCO conservatively, trying to be mistake free.  Andy Reid is this kind of WCO guy in my opinion.  I think Walsh's philosophy was the correct one.  I hope DeFilippo has more of an attack philosophy then a play it safe philosophy.  Shurmur got WAAAAAY to conservative in the playoffs, in my opinion.

I think DeFilippo showed us an Attack Philosophy in our NFCCG. I also think he will look to expose our opponent’s weaknesses. I’m excited to see him work! 

16 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

Currently, how would you rank these players?  Any observations and opinions are appreciated. 

OT Mike McGlinchey

T/G Connor Williams

G Isiah Wynn

G Will Hernandez 

G/C Billy Price

G/C Frank Raganow

C James Daniels

T - Williams

G - Wynn

T - McGlinchey

G- Price

G - Hernandez

G - Ragnow

G - Daniels

6 hours ago, Snake Plissken said:

Currently, how would you rank these players?  Any observations and opinions are appreciated. 

OT Mike McGlinchey

T/G Connor Williams

G Isiah Wynn

G Will Hernandez 

G/C Billy Price

G/C Frank Raganow

C James Daniels

Wynn 

Daniels

Williams

McGlinchey

Hernandez

Price

Ragnow

1 hour ago, whitehops said:

with all the torn pec injuries we've had on the O Line the last few years i don't exactly feel inspired if we draft an O Lineman with their pec pre-torn.

Does this drop Price to the second round? To our second pick?

Archived