2018 Vikings Draft Prospects - Offensive Line

swede700

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Which tells me that, despite the Forum by Forum mock from earlier today, there isn't a chance in hell that he'll even be available at 30...which probably opens the door for either Connor Williams or Kolton Miller being the pick..which I'm absolutely fine with...plug either one of them in at RT, move Remmers to RG, and they're set for the next 3 years on the O-Line.  

Connor Williams is my “realistic” ideal pick for the Vikings. He’s an instant upgrade at RT, allows Remmers to kick inside to RG, and gives the offense some more versatility. 

However, I’m still predicting that Spielman will trade out of the first, recoup his 4th round pick, and draft Billy Price. Which I think would be a great strategy, as well. 

Last year most were predicting Forrest Lamp to go middle to late first, yet he went 2nd round (pick 38 overall). 

Only 2 OL went first round --Bolles at 20 and Ramzyz at 32.

Besides Cam Robinson and Lamp, the only other OL taken in round two went late--Pocic at 58 and Dawkins and Moton with the last two picks (63 and 64).

Elflein and Feeney were the only OL of note to go in round 3.

Most of the above went later than predicted.

2018 may be twice as deep (at OL) in the first three rounds, so I would be surprised to see a similar result as 2017 --with teams waiting on offensive lineman and players sliding down. 

26 minutes ago, Klomp said:

So under a week left, how do you rank the realistic OL options at 30? For the sake of this discussion, let's remove Nelson, McGlinchey and Daniels as options. Everyone else is fair game.

In this case:

Wynn

Williams

Price

Ragnow

Miller 

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

So under a week left, how do you rank the realistic OL options at 30? For the sake of this discussion, let's remove Nelson, McGlinchey and Daniels as options. Everyone else is fair game.

Wynn

Williams

Price

Hernandez

Ragnow

Jones

Crosby 

Corbett

26 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Wynn

Williams

Price

Ragnow

I pretty much agree with this list. With Price and Ragnow, I'd be fine with but I don't know if I'd be excited. Wynn and Williams genuinely get me excited.

14 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I haven't done enough research on Williams, but I pretty much agree with this list. With Price and Ragnow, I'd be fine with the list but I don't know if I'd be excited. Wynn genuinely gets me excited. Williams is TBD.

Wynn, Hernandez, and Price get me excited. 

Watching Williams in 2016, I get excited.

Archived