2018 Vikings Draft Prospects - Offensive Line

swede700

4 minutes ago, disaacs said:

He probably over-trained. 

If it turns to be a pectoral muscle, it will continue to be an issue. Hopefully it’s just a pulled muscle.

outside of the capping off of my knee, my torn pec was one thing that still to this day tends to give me problems. Doctor said it was normal of the issue, and has a good chance at lingering.

I keep reading on Twitter that Hernandez doesn’t fit our blocking scheme. One, I don’t see why he wouldn’t, and two, our offensive line isn’t good enough, or established enough to have a blocking scheme. 

Draft good offensive linemen, and your offensive line will be good!

I think I would be tired lifting just the 45 pound bar 37 times.

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

I keep reading on Twitter that Hernandez doesn’t fit our blocking scheme. One, I don’t see why he wouldn’t, and two, our offensive line isn’t good enough, or established enough to have a blocking scheme. 

Draft good offensive linemen, and your offensive line will be good!

Well he does and doesn’t. He would be an improvement over what we got, but when watching him when they run any sort of traps and he is pulling or in zone he tends to struggle. He is perfect in something where he can attack. Just not so pretty when in space.

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t remember Berger and Easton doing a lot of moving in space, especially Berger. Elflein flew all over the field, but the guards I don’t recall. 

It’s not so much the flying all over the field, it’s more of the outside zone blocking that happens. It’s those 3-5 step blocks that need to happen, and asking guards to get to the second level. 

He would be completely fine in the inside zone and power blocking stuff. 

Theres no doubt in my mind he can do it with a little work, but anything outside of inside zone blocking and the tight power blocking was his weaknesses. 

Archived