Rumor: Marqise Lee looking for 4 years, $30m

pwny

33 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

The only reason those two did that is to prove themselves with another year of production prior to cashing in.

Robert Woods just got 5 yrs, 34M last year (prior to breaking out this year, he was not THAT highly seen prior). Travis Benjamin got 4 yrs 24M. You act like Marqise Lee getting 4/30 is insane. That is right around where he should get. Give or take a couple million. Guys like Lee with upside always get money based on what they think they can get out of him, not just what he did prior.

they think they have the magic Power of keeping him healthy? dude cant stay healthy.   they might be able to fix some of the drops part cuz Blake does throw kinda erratic but he has some very meh hands. 

u mention woods and benjamin but both of them had better track records of Health.  

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

they think they have the magic Power of keeping him healthy? dude cant stay healthy.   they might be able to fix some of the drops part cuz Blake does throw kinda erratic but he has some very meh hands. 

u mention woods and benjamin but both of them had better track records of Health.  

Marqise Lee has been decently healthy the past couple years.

Even with his health issues, the upside and talent is there. Teams want to take chances on that. 7.5M for a decently high upside WR on the open market who has shown the ability I'd say is pretty damn fair. I think you need to look around at the going rate of players, especially with the cap continuing to rise.

The thing is though, Marqise Lee is kind of a bum.  He has the absolute worst hands, and very little in particular going for him.  Some nice volume target years i guess that make him look like a #2WR...while basically getting #1WR targets.

I'm starting to get the uneasy feeling that they really do like Lee way more than they should though.

Archived