Russell Wilson To Join Yankees' Training Camp!

bzane

41 minutes ago, youngosu said:

He isn't trying to make it as a baseball player. He is having some fun in the offseason. This is literally a non-story. The only gripe I have is that the Mariners should pick him up just for the PR of keeping him in Seattle. But I know his dad was a huge Yankee fan so he likely asked the Rangers to deal him there so he could wear pinstripes in honor of his dad. 

So much this. Anyone thinking he's actually playing two sports, lol.

3 hours ago, berlin calling said:

he better not hurt himself during Yankees camp or he'll have a hard time with his team mates and Seahawks fans.

He's done this every offseason he's been a Seahawk, he is no more likely to be hurt than if he was doing his regular offseason workouts (actually spring training is part of his regular offseason workouts). 

3 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Translation. I want what Jimmy G got

This might be the dumbest comment on the internet today

On 2/22/2018 at 2:21 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

I think Wilson does this yearly - he was with the Texas Rangers (the baseball team that drafted him a few years back) and he goes through Spring Training with them. It's nothing more than fun and games for Wilson - he doesn't interfere with the guys competing for jobs, he just goes out and plays a bit, then retreats to get back to football well before April. 

No harm, no foul. 

Perfectly said.

Archived