2018 Vikings Draft Prospects - Quarterback

swede700

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m I big fan of Lauletta. 

I think I’d rather target him in the 2nd rather than someone else in the 1st. 

Taking out Rosen and Darnold, Lauletta would be 3rd on my QB lost for the Vikings behind Mayfield and Jackson. 

Flip Jackson and Mayfield and you're looking at my list.

And considering that I think Bridgewater does have a chance to the QBotF, given they extend him, Lauletta makes the most sense for the team.

14 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

What don’t you think will translate?

His (lack of) pocket presence, throwing motion, which leaves the ball hanging in the air, locking on to one receiver, over-reliance on a spread offense (not such a big issue anymore for some QBs) and I get a "Me First" attitude about him, which isn't conductive to playing a team sport.

19 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t see any of this with Mayfield. 

Yeah, me either. He probably has the 2nd best velocity on the ball outside of maybe Allen of the top QB’s.

locking on receivers in false, his eyes are great when moving safety’s.

i see absolutely nothing with the me first thing. He is fine with dumping the ball off if nothing is there, spread the ball around the whole offense pretty well over the past couple of years. 

With today’s news that we won’t be franchising case it’s looking like we’ll jump into the cousins derby.. my question is say we do sign him and Jackson slides to the 30th pick.. he could be a really dynamic weapon for us who would primarily be the backup but could still definitely see the field in all kinds of special formations that DeFilippo could design. What do you guys think? Would he be worth taking or would we be better off using the pick for an offensive lineman or somewhere else?

If the Vikings sign Cousins, drafting Jackson, or any QB, at 30 would be a wasted pick. 

Cousins is going to be your QB for the next 4-5 years, for better or worse, the idea from then on should be to surround him with the best team possible. Using a top 30 pick on a backup would just be a waste of a valuable resource. 

Archived