Sign in to follow this  
BleedTheClock

2018 False Narrative Correction Thread

So every year we all see things said about prospects that baffle us. What are some of the commonly spewed things you hear about prospects that you vehemently disagree with?

Some of mine:

1. Baker Mayfield has a weak/average NFL arm.  FALSE!

2. Roquan Smith is a thumping ILB. FALSE!

3. Bradley Chubb is a great athlete. FALSE!

4. Calvin Ridley is too thin to be a #1 WR. FALSE!

5. Josh Rosen's character is a major concern. FALSE!

Worrying about this stuff is a waste of energy. Why worry about what the bottom of the barrel  thinks.

Edited by CalhounLambeau

Deshon Elliott has the athleticism of a slug. FALSE

haha. Sorry Bleed I had to.

7 minutes ago, mitch_connor said:

Is the Mayfield/Manziel comp too obviously silly to include? Because I still hear it once in a while.

I think it's at least a little valid. Not so much how they play but their personalities. Both are consumed by becoming "stars" and have sportsmanship and behavioral problems. Based on what I've seen and know about him, there are probably only a handful of teams I'd draft him to based on risk, situation, and environment.

15 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think it's at least a little valid. Not so much how they play but their personalities. Both are consumed by becoming "stars" and have sportsmanship and behavioral problems. Based on what I've seen and know about him, there are probably only a handful of teams I'd draft him to based on risk, situation, and environment.

People are giving a pass to Baker despite a litany of immaturity issues. My biggest concern through of all of it; Gary Patterson didn't bring in Baker Mayfield to TCU because of his attitude but accepted Kenny Hill Jr. in who was suspended twice in 2014 at Texas A&M, once for a public intoxication.

Patterson took a guy with an arrest and multiple suspensions but didn't take Mayfield. That should speak volumes to how poor his character is.

44 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Patterson took a guy with an arrest and multiple suspensions but didn't take Mayfield. That should speak volumes to how poor his character is

Huge leap in logic here, suggesting Mayfield is a worse person than anyone else that Patterson has ever extended a scholarship offer to.