Marcus Peters traded to Rams

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Yea that's what I was about to say.  The thing about Peters is that he actually has character concerns.  From what I've heard, Sherman, Ramsey, Bouye, Peterson, Rhodes might be all cocky, but they're not really bad guys (they might be, idk).  But Peters has documented character issues, that's part of the reason he fell in the draft.  His tape and talent was exceptional, but the glaring character issues made several teams pass on him.

With all that said, everyone knows Peters is a head case.  He's been that way since before he even got into the league, so you know what you're getting when you invest in him.

It's weird though.  Guys who are, for lack of a better term, Richards, those guys tend to get on really well with Wade, because Wade can definitely be Richard himself when he gets lost in the moment.  It's almost like Wade is the Richard Whisperer.  

so no compensation has been leaked yet.

This board tends to overvalue draft picks. I remember when Percy Harvin was rumored to be traded, people were saying that at most Minnesota would get a 3. Minnesota got a 1, 3 and 7.

Marcus Peters is a great player still in his prime but a bit of a head case. I'm saying he goes for at least a 1 and a 4.

edit: nevermind. dumb move, but KC lost leverage with Peters wanting out.

20 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

so no compensation has been leaked yet.

This board tends to overvalue draft picks. I remember when Percy Harvin was rumored to be traded, people were saying that at most Minnesota would get a 3. Minnesota got a 1, 3 and 7.

Marcus Peters is a great player still in his prime but a bit of a head case. I'm saying he goes for at least a 1 and a 4.

edit: nevermind. dumb move, but KC lost leverage with Peters wanting out.

Yea but i feel like every trade is different and there really isnt a time i can remember a premiere CB on his rookie deal got traded

So is this essentially the Rams swapping out Peters rookie contract the next year or two instead of paying Johnson Franchise type money? Or are they planning on paying him too? Doubt it.

It's like they're saving the Franchise Tag money by swapping them out. Which is brilliant assuming Peters isn't a Cancer?

If it's picks from multiple drafts, good on KC. They're more than likely gonna take an obvious step back this year without Alex Smith. But they've more than made up for the lost picks in the Mahomes trade.

All anyone says is that Alex Smith can't get you over the hump. So shipping him and Peters for a ton of premium picks isn't the worst thing. A season of 8-8 isn't the worst when you're planning long term.

14 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Know MP has some issues, but considering how good he has been and is entering his prime, he must be a huge headcase. 

No kidding. It takes a special kind of headcase to be shown the door with the kind of talent he has in his prime. 

But the Rams D is gonna be absolutely sick if this goes through. The asking price couldn't have been cheap, though.

Archived