Marcus Peters traded to Rams

WizardHawk

43 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Probably because it's not going to be official until March.  It's already been reported that it's not their 1st round pick being dealt to the Chiefs, and they already traded their 2nd round pick to the Bills so the earliest pick they could deal is their 3rd round pick this year.  They own all their picks next year so they probably could deal any of those.  Two 3rd seems a bit light for Peters, and a 1st next year is probably a bit heavy.  Figure a 3rd this year, 2nd next year, and a conditional pick potenially?

I know it's not official until March 14th, but we know one side of the deal already.  And as someone brought up above, the full details on the Alex Smith trade were given a month before it can officially happen.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I know it's not official until March 14th, but we know one side of the deal already.  And as someone brought up above, the full details on the Alex Smith trade were given a month before it can officially happen.

Teams leak the trade, seems like that trade was leaked from Washington's side.

20 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Teams leak the trade, seems like that trade was leaked from Washington's side.

the chiefs beat writer had the scoop. i doubt he got his news from skins sources.

maybe the chiefs are not that interested this time to leak it.

or maybe the deal isn't complete yet.

and both sides still talk about quinn.

schefter said "no first rounder AT ALL"

15 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think the involvement of players increases the odds of it being leaked, as you're generally going to have agents and teammates and coaches all in the know. Fuller being involved with the Smith trade likely raised the odds of the compensation leaking.

1 minute ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

the chiefs beat writer had the scoop. i doubt he got his news from skins sources.

Could it be possible that they know they will receive massive backlash so they want to keep it under wraps right now?  That probably doesn't even make sense, but if they're not getting a first rounder their fanbase will be so heated.

5 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

Schefter said "not believed to be a first rounder." Unless you have a source other than the video Jrry posted. And I can't find a tweet where he said what you quote him saying either. I don't think it will be a first, but nothing that definitive has been said.

I've heard he asked for a trade

That the owner was embarrassed by his onfield antics

That the locker room is upset

That former chiefs personnel in Indy and Cleveland didn't want him

It seems like were not getting a 1st for him, which upsets me since we spent a first on him. He's gonna ball the EFF out with that defense in LA.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Probably because it's not going to be official until March.  It's already been reported that it's not their 1st round pick being dealt to the Chiefs, and they already traded their 2nd round pick to the Bills so the earliest pick they could deal is their 3rd round pick this year.  They own all their picks next year so they probably could deal any of those.  Two 3rd seems a bit light for Peters, and a 1st next year is probably a bit heavy.  Figure a 3rd this year, 2nd next year, and a conditional pick potenially?

A first next year doesn't seem heavy at all for an all pro.

53 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Only report I've seen on compensation not only is sketchy it's a supposed Raiders writer for CBS that lives in Nashville or something. But he also says we gave them our 7th this year which we don't have already. 

Yeah I saw that not sure how true it is

Archived