WizardHawk

Marcus Peters traded to Rams

People really thought he was gonna net a first? Lmao.  I mean he’s worth it as a player, but situations like this never lead to fair compensation.

What a move by the Rams.

15 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

People really thought he was gonna net a first? Lmao.  I mean he’s worth it as a player, but situations like this never lead to fair compensation.

What a move by the Rams.

It could be a first, we don’t know yet. 

Although given Schefter’s report and the need for discretion as to “not jack up the price”, I imagine they’re getting him on the cheaper side.

Which Gm would give a 1st for a player who is no longer wanted in his old team ? 

17 hours ago, jrry32 said:

We have three 6ths this year, but I think we traded our only 7th for Derek Carrier.

It's also possible that conditional 3rd could have stipulations that bring it up to a 1st. Regardless, we'll have to wait and see what the compensation is.

Yea i feel like the conditions have to reach a 1st

Says he's a Chiefs beat writer but is this guy reliable? Says he's a HOF voter so I'm guessing he is legit.

19 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Says he's a Chiefs beat writer but is this guy reliable? Says he's a HOF voter so I'm guessing he is legit.

Terez is the best there is when it comes to rumors about the Chiefs 

7 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Terez is the best there is when it comes to rumors about the Chiefs 

Reading more on him I gathered that, which begs the next question what is "second round value at best" going to get KC back in this trade?

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Reading more on him I gathered that, which begs the next question what is "second round value at best" going to get KC back in this trade?

Honestly, the rumored compensation would be pretty close to that. 4 + 7 + conditional 2019 third. I wouldn't be surprised if there were an additional piece along with this package (maybe a flip of picks somewhere), but I wouldn't be at all shocked if the 4/7 future 3rd is accurate. 

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

He broke the Alex Smith trade and compensation, so he's pretty legit. Though the fact that he said NFL executives means he's still not getting a source in KC or LA to say the compensation.

7 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

He broke the Alex Smith trade and compensation, so he's pretty legit. Though the fact that he said NFL executives means he's still not getting a source in KC or LA to say the compensation.

Sounds almost like he was asking other GM's who discussed Peters to find out what they were offering and coupling that with what Schefter and Rappaport were saying.

7 hours ago, Flounch said:

Which Gm would give a 1st for a player who is no longer wanted in his old team ? 

Seattle did for Percy Harvin. Mn was done with him quite clearly. 

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

Sounds almost like he was asking other GM's who discussed Peters to find out what they were offering and coupling that with what Schefter and Rappaport were saying.

That would be my interpretation as well.

Are Chiefs in semi-rebuild mode?

they certainly aren't in win now mode,so maybe they are gathering draft stock until a few years when Mahomes is ready to compete for a title

20 minutes ago, MathMan said:

Are Chiefs in semi-rebuild mode?

they certainly aren't in win now mode,so maybe they are gathering draft stock until a few years when Mahomes is ready to compete for a title

The Chiefs aren't at all in rebuild mode, they have a great roster (When Healthy anyway) whatever compensation they get for Peters won't help them make up for the fact they just gave up their best defender for picks that probably won't result in nearly what he brought to the team (off the field stuff aside)