Marcus Peters traded to Rams

WizardHawk

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:28 PM, RuskieTitan said:

I think the compensation is going to be a lot lower than expected, and Chiefs fans are going to be ticked off.

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

What a steal for the Rams

I feel like that would qualify as a lot lower than expected, given how many folks thought a first was involved.

Good deal for the Rams, great if they manage to sign him to a long term deal as well.

I'm really disappointed. An absolute joke, but tbh this is telling a lot about the man Marcus Peters is.

We tried to shop him for 3 weeks and yet only 1 team was interested in him. Not one of the other 30 franchises thought it would be worth it to give up more to get a guy like him on a rookie contract for 2 more years. That tells a lot. It's a horrible deal and as a fan i'm totally disappointed that we lose such a great player, but it really seems like he has some huge character problems. We're now the 2nd team that basically kicked him out.

Lot of overreactions going on. You guys don't think the Chiefs shopped him around, but this was the best offer they could get? They were in absolutely no rush, and have likely been shopping him since the season ended. Generally you'll want to trade a guy you're set on trading either right before FA or right after the draft, and it looks like the Chiefs chose to believe the CB trade market would be hotter now than post-draft. Obviously KC had to get rid of Peters, for reasons we may never know. It's also probable that Peters has a very bad rep among FOs, and this is why they could only get a 2nd and 4th for a young all-pro CB.

Now I don't think there's any fan of any team (except maybe the Jags) out there who would turn down this deal in order to get Peters, but as fans it is easy to only care about what we actually see and disregard the behind the scenes stuff. This isn't Madden. 

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Lot of overreactions going on. You guys don't think the Chiefs shopped him around, but this was the best offer they could get? They were in absolutely no rush, and have likely been shopping him since the season ended. Generally you'll want to trade a guy you're set on trading either right before FA or right after the draft, and it looks like the Chiefs chose to believe the CB trade market would be hotter now than post-draft. Obviously KC had to get rid of Peters, for reasons we may never know. It's also probable that Peters has a very bad rep among FOs, and this is why they could only get a 2nd and 4th for a young all-pro CB.

Now I don't think there's any fan of any team (except maybe the Jags) out there who would turn down this deal in order to get Peters, but as fans it is easy to only care about what we actually see and disregard the behind the scenes stuff. This isn't Madden. 

Lol please. No one is overreacting. If you had told Chief fans two week ago that they would trade Peters away for a 4th this year and a 2nd next year, how would they have reacted? It's pretty clear to see that they were bent over in this trade.

Reports coming in saying that $20 worth of lottery scratchers were also thrown in by the Rams.  Sources say that the Chiefs really wanted a box of Pop-tarts, but they were only willing to accept the Strawberry frosting and LA wasn't willing to budge.

Archived