Marcus Peters traded to Rams

WizardHawk

6 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Honestly Peters fits better in a big city near a coast.

A lot of his issues with the fans will disappear in a larger market.  I will miss Marcus for sure

Huh? Being in LA with 100x the distractions, night life, atmosphere is supposed to better? The only reason his issues with the Fans might  disapate/disappear is because it's LA. Not the Die Hards of KC.

20 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Huh? Being in LA with 100x the distractions, night life, atmosphere is supposed to better? The only reason his issues with the Fans might  disapate/disappear is because it's LA. Not the Die Hards of KC.

You took that completely wrong.  Marcus has never had issues with night life or anything with the law.  Actually did quite a bit of good in the community.

I was actually disappointed in Chiefs fans, they didn’t like his pregame antics and they ripped him. Larger market and I think a lot of that mellows out.

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The latter. KC fans will try to put enough sugar on this too make swallowing the pill easier. End of the day, you can try to bury his character all you want, but MP hasn't had any issues with the NFL offices. No PEDs, drugs, etc. KC let an elite playmaking CB go to appease conservative ownership it looks like. 

And here we are. Andy Reid being billed as the guy who takes on these personalities and second chance guys, etc. and you just trade the best player on the team for peanuts. So what's your identity then?

We have several players better than Peters.

Peters is technically home back in Cali even though he is really from Oakland and he is going to LA. 

People are making a huge deal about Peters character issues. It’s not like Reid didn’t know what he signed up for when he chose to draft him in the 1st round. I think the owner didn’t like Peters antics with the National Anthem plus the Chiefs are cap strapped and moving forward didn’t want to pay him a big contract. Also Berry is the best player on the Chiefs but he is 29 and has battled through a lot of injuries and adversity. He won’t be around longer than Peters so eventually Peters would’ve become the best player on the defense AND a vet that the younger players would look up too and follow. I don’t think the Chiefs organization want that to happen so they shipped him off.

In LA, they have the 2nd youngest team in the NFL. The best player on defense and one of the best players in the league is Donald and he is 26 (one year older than Peters) with no real injury history. Wade knows how to handle strong personalities (Talib, Ware, Miller) and the fan base in LA along with the owner won’t be so sour on Peters National Anthem antics. So it works out perfectly for Peters going to LA. KC just is moving on in hopes of reshaping and maybe rebuilding their team now they have a QB in Mohames they think he can carry them instead of playing it safe (like Smith did) and need a strong defense and playmakers on offense to succeed. That’s just my opinion.

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yea if only Justin Blackmon played in a big city all his problems would have gone away and he’d be on his way to the HOF

13 hours ago, samsel23 said:

You took that completely wrong.  Marcus has never had issues with night life or anything with the law.  Actually did quite a bit of good in the community.

I was actually disappointed in Chiefs fans, they didn’t like his pregame antics and they ripped him. Larger market and I think a lot of that mellows out.

I don't think it's a market size thing as much as the fact that he's going to be going to a far less conservative city and part of the country.

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea if only Justin Blackmon played in a big city all his problems would have gone away and he’d be on his way to the HOF

Yes because Blackmon and Peters have comparable problems. Nice comparison 

5 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't think it's a market size thing as much as the fact that he's going to be going to a far less conservative city and part of the country.

This is more or less what I was saying. That and the fact he will be in a much larger market with more athletes.  Heck he will be in the same market where Lavar Ball will be roaming.  There will be much more issues going on than just 1 athlete in a city protesting. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/27/marcus-peters-chiefs-rams-trade

I’m told the Chiefs called all 31 other teams in the league this month on Peters, looking for a trade partner, and 28 teams either said they were not interested or did not make an offer of any value. For a player with the playing history of Peters at a vital and hard-to-fill position, that’s amazing. One team made an offer of a mid-round pick, laughable for a player of Peters’ age and stature.

The fact that a GM who knew Peters very well—Indianapolis’ Chris Ballard—did not pursue Peters hard for the Colts this month was viewed as telling by several other teams in the league. Ballard was the Chiefs’ director of player personnel in 2015, and visited Peters and his parents that spring at their Oakland home, before the draft. He was in favor of the Chiefs picking Peters, which they did in the first round of the 2015 draft, 18th overall. Clearly, Ballard would have a pipeline to the inner feelings of the Chiefs, and when he didn’t engage the Chiefs seriously, one source close to the deal said it was a telling sign. However, there is one counterpoint to this: Because the Colts are in full rebuilding mode, they’re not a great fit right now for a very good player who could be a handful, and who could leave in free agency in two years.

10 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

We have several players better than Peters.

You can tell yourself that, but it's not true. KC has a lot of talent on offense, but Peters was a rare CB who created turnovers. How many games you venture Peters turned from the CB spot? 

Archived