The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

2 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

No idea. 

I hate doing this, because it's a crappy thing to say about a HS kid with no evidence. But...

Evans not having test scores to qualify would fit this timeline. He was going to commit a bunch of times, and kept postponing it back by a few months here and there. It's possible that he didn't have the score, and didn't want to announce for a school he wasn't in yet. So he's still not a minimum qualifer, but he's come out and said he wants to enroll early even though he couldn't enroll, so despite being signed to UGA, he's going to pretend to deliberate to buy himself time.

Again, I'm not saying it because it's solely speculation. But the timeline fits.

5 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I hate doing this, because it's a crappy thing to say about a HS kid with no evidence. But...

Evans not having test scores to qualify would fit this timeline. He was going to commit a bunch of times, and kept postponing it back by a few months here and there. It's possible that he didn't have the score, and didn't want to announce for a school he wasn't in yet. So he's still not a minimum qualifer, but he's come out and said he wants to enroll early even though he couldn't enroll, so despite being signed to UGA, he's going to pretend to deliberate to buy himself time.

Again, I'm not saying it because it's solely speculation. But the timeline fits.

It’s also possible that it has to do with his off-field incident. He got sent home the night before the state championship game for his high school a couple weeks ago. Not sure about the wording of a LOI, but it wouldn’t surprise me if there is an out due to off-field issues as well. Could be a situation where the recent incident caused Georgia to do some more digging and decide he wasn’t worth the issues. I just hope the bagmen got a receipt. 

There are two rumors with Evans. Before we get to the rumors, he did send in his LOI to Georgia on the early signing day. You can hear in his interview he says he has been in contact with one school during the past few days. This is because he sent in his LOI and cant talk to other schools other than the school he signed with.

Rumor 1:Kirby has had enough with Evans. Supposedly, Evans tried to commit to Georgia during the summer but Kirby wanted to see him grow up some this year and told him no. Well, he saw what he wanted and told Evans he had a spot, and since Evans is going to be a EE, he was going to go ahead and send in the paper work, but still do his announcement at the all star game. Evans had that incident with his coach the night before the championship game, and basically that was it for Kirby. The big question is if Georgia sent the LOI into the conference office. If they did, thats a binding LOI and both sides would have to agree to step away for the kid to go somewhere else(Kid from Washington to Bama). If the LOI wasnt not sent in, then maybe its not binding and Georgia can get out.

Rumor 2:Evans did not qualify. He's taken the entrance tests multiple times, but apparently his scores werent good. Georgia is in a numbers crunch and might only be able to take 23 players this year, and a non-qualifier is how Georgia gets out of the scholarship, so if he cant definitely get in, along with him being a headcase(and of course feeling good about Zeus, McIntosh, Milton in 2020), could cause Georgia to use that scholarship elsewhere.

Not sure what exactly is true. Its probably somewhere in the middle, but even Georgia guys I trust with info really dont know exactly whats going on.

• Like 1