The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

8 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

5* Tony Grimes commits to UNC.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29389755/cornerback-tony-grimes-espn-no-6-prospect-commits-north-carolina

Grimes said Texas A&M was initially his leader, but a change in the defensive coaching staff set the Aggies back until T.J. Rushing was hired as the defensive backs coach. Ohio State then jumped up to the front, but Grimes said he was hearing only from defensive coordinator Kerry Coombs, instead of the entire defensive staff.

He preferred to build a relationship with all the coaches at each school, rather than just one, so the Buckeyes fell behind after he didn't get that experience.

Oops.

On 7/3/2020 at 11:54 AM, Texansfan713 said:

OU would have gotten Keon Coleman tomorrow too but experts now say he going to Kansas.

I mean, all the power to him but that is an easy decision IMO.  Although, Oklahoma has a pretty good WR depth chart already and they've already got two 4* WR recruits already in Mario Williams and Cody Jackson.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 12:39 PM, CWood21 said:

So...Caleb Williams to Oklahoma tomorrow, right?

One of my coworkers is thinking it’s going to be Maryland keep refreshing his phone. I just played the fight song for OU. He mad. He said they almost have a top 10 class, and I said with a bottom 10 coach.

• Like 6

https://247sports.com/Article/Alabama-Football-Recruiting-Five-star-OL-Tommy-Brockermeyer-commits-to-Alabama-over-Texas--149258865/

“I just think of greatness and tradition of being the best at what you do,” Tommy told BamaOnLine earlier this year. “It’s funny because we talked to all the coaches … for most teams that go 11-2, that’s a good season, they’re celebrating. If Alabama goes 11-2, something’s wrong. That’s not the tradition there, that’s not the standard. They only want the best.”

lol talk to em!