The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

Pretty busy weekend for Oregon at their Saturday Night Live camp.

Commits:

4* TX WR Miles Battle

3/4* TX CB Verone McKinley

3* OR TE/DE Teagan Quitoriano

3* PA OL Justin Johnson

'19 4/5* TX WR Arjei Henderson

Supposedly there is 3-4 silents too. Very good class so far. Not sure if they will all stick (probably not) since they're from all over the country but this staff recruits like crazy.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Future Trojan

Truthfully, he's about as much of an OSU lock as there is. He definitely likes the attention from Clemson and SC and is playing the game though. I don't care at this point. Great player but a diva. He'll be in Columbus next year though. Chances are he draws the public drama out until signing day. Insiders seem to think he's already told the staff and comrades he's coming. Wish kids like this would stop wasting other coaches' time.

Just now, NateDawg said:

Truthfully, he's about as much of an OSU lock as there is. He definitely likes the attention from Clemson and SC and is playing the game though. I don't care at this point. Great player but a diva. He'll be in Columbus next year though. Chances are he draws the public drama out until signing day. Insiders seem to think he's already told the staff and comrades he's coming. Wish kids like this would stop wasting other coaches' time.

I'm gonna pull a LaVar Ball and speak it into existence. Just you watch.

And, yeah I'm sorry but Jackson doesn't strike me as the lockiest of locks. It won't surprise me if he decides to leave Ohio.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm gonna pull a LaVar Ball and speak it into existence. Just you watch.

And, yeah I'm sorry but Jackson doesn't strike me as the lockiest of locks. It won't surprise me if he decides to leave Ohio.

He fits the stereotype of a guy who would be intrigued by the thought of leaving. At the same time, he visits campus about every other week it seems, is tight with all the commits, and would come in at a time where there's an immediate need at the position. I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying it's a definite long shot. I think you have to give OSU at least a 75% odds. That leaves Clemson and USC probably 10% each, and "other" 5%, with the small possibility of a late push and intrigue from elsewhere. Much like some OSU fans seem to think St. Brown can be stolen from Stanford/USC based on his interest and a visit. Total longshot, and that one won't happen.

21 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He fits the stereotype of a guy who would be intrigued by the thought of leaving. At the same time, he visits campus about every other week it seems, is tight with all the commits, and would come in at a time where there's an immediate need at the position. I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying it's a definite long shot. I think you have to give OSU at least a 75% odds. That leaves Clemson and USC probably 10% each, and "other" 5%, with the small possibility of a late push and intrigue from elsewhere. Much like some OSU fans seem to think St. Brown can be stolen from Stanford/USC based on his interest and a visit. Total longshot, and that one won't happen.

Oh, OSU is obviously the favorite by quite a bit.

He did say that if OSU wasn't in Ohio that he probably would be committed already. Some guys just want to experience some place new.

Ohio being home and him having a longer relationship with OSU coaches and commits could be too much to overcome, but I've seen crazy stuff in recruiting, so I never say never.

One thing working in USC's favor is that he will be signing during the new early period in December. Rivals reported that there has already been discussion about a December official visit for USC, so we could be able to get in the last word when buzz around the program could be at its peak as USC may very well be coming off a PAC 12 Championship win to clinch a playoff birth. Obviously now I'm really getting ahead of myself though lol.

I'm not counting out Ohio State at all as far as Amon St. Brown goes either. He's a different kid. It wouldn't surprise me to see him leave state. In fact I would probably put OSU over Stanford as I think he's gonna want to forge his own path and not follow one of his brothers. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

He's playing boosters. Buckeye lock tbh.

@NateDawg @TheRealMcCoy

The one thing that truly gives me hope that Carmen is truly a lock for tOSU is the Meyer effect. I like Helton and it looks like he has things looking up for USC and he is building a wall around the local talent. I just dont see him having the power to go and pick someone right out of buckeye country. I also would be more concerned if he didnt do the same stuff after his Clemson visit.