The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

19 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

USC already has 7 4* recruits lined up for 2021, with the fifth ranked class overall.  Potential recruits speculating on a Helton exit? 

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/19/usc-football-seven-four-star-2021-commits-after-two-in-2020/

That's weird to me. If the one time transfer rule goes in, fine, but I wouldn't want to commit to a school knowing the writing is on the wall anticipating the next guy. What if you hate him?

46 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That's weird to me. If the one time transfer rule goes in, fine, but I wouldn't want to commit to a school knowing the writing is on the wall anticipating the next guy. What if you hate him?

true but with the compensation coming down the pipeline to allow players to make money of their likeness.No better place to be at for that than SoCal 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

. That's weird to me. If the one time transfer rule goes in, fine, but I wouldn't want to commit to a school knowing the writing is on the wall anticipating the next guy. What if you hate him?

You don't need the one-time transfer rule to leave if Helton is gone though. Current NCAA policy allows immediate eligibility for players who transfer if the coach that recruits them is no longer the coach. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

#1 recruit Korey Foreman decommits from Clemson. He’s from Cali and wants to be closer to home. Hopefully not too close...

Keep him on the west coast. :D Don't want to see him in a Clemson uniform.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

What happens when Clay recruits a top 10 class because it's USC and that's incredibly easy to do, and then goes 5-7?

Normally I'd say they would fire him and hire some guy that would seal a top 5 class. But they seem content to rinse and repeat with this guy so.... nothing.