The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

HOLYYYY....

HOW THOUGH??!

Like I grew up a USC fan in the same city (different high school) as Foreman and if I was the #1 recruit in the nation in all likelihood I doubt USC could keep me home in its current state. They would be on my list, but ultimately I would want to go to one of the elite programs in the BIG 10, SEC, or ACC where I would have a good shot at a national title and/or better coaching. I’m genuinely shocked right now. 😂😂😅

At least even in times where we don’t have a good coach we can still do a decent to good job with recruiting. I guess it pays to be able to live off that Pete Carroll era, the education, weather and ability to stay close to home still works sometimes. Just didn’t figure it would with the top recruit in the nation lol.

You guys might get Raesjon Davis too.

Just stay away from J.T. Tuimoloau.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

You guys might get Raesjon Davis too.

Just stay away from J.T. Tuimoloau.

Oh forreal??

I honestly stopped paying attention to USC recruiting after the 2019 season when guys like Raesjon and others were going elsewhere and understandably so like I said.

I remember going on one of the USC forums and seeing one of Raesjon's family members when we first offered him saying we are the front runners, then that quickly changed lol.

Would be cool to get him in the fold.

What's the word on Tuimoloau?

45 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Buckeye lean, but Washington is a competitor.

Is it Washington? I thought I read Alabama made a big move and is now in 2nd? Though anything regarding scouting should be taken with the amount of salt in Bonneville

16 minutes ago, mse326 said:
1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Buckeye lean, but Washington is a competitor.

Is it Washington? I thought I read Alabama made a big move and is now in 2nd? Though anything regarding scouting should be taken with the amount of salt in Bonneville

Don't like any of these options, but actually hope he chooses Washington and stays in state.

Would be pretty cool for them, plus Ohio State and Bama are the teams playing for the championship and they already have an embarrassment of riches. 😅

3 hours ago, mse326 said:

It’s an OSU/Bama race from what I’ve read. NFL development is his central motivator. Most have OSU as the lead but I wouldn’t be shocked either way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He got the bag man. It's cool, I say this from a place of no judgement.

When Wisconsin keeps 4* kids home, they're getting the bag too. 

Don’t worry I didn’t take offense. Good to know this forum is a safe space though.... just never say croots again like that. I cringed. I get what you’re saying though, but I’m not sure you got what I was really getting at. Like I wasn’t saying it didn’t happen. It probably did, but I doubt we are offering the same bag as certain other big programs. Just look at what we shell out for staff, facilities, etc. We don’t come close to those. Hell... we probably don’t have the best bag man in our own conference. I think Oregon has us beat there. I wish USC would spend more money. It is disappointing that they don’t and seem content living off the laurels of those old USC teams  from when I hadn’t hit or was just going through puberty. They really are buoyed by California producing some of the most and better HS recruits along with the hot girls, great weather, education and so on. All of that just makes the shortcomings and failures look that much worse in the light. Like if USC had a great coach and put more resources/money into the football program they would be like Bama, Ohio St., Clemson and so on. But, I digress cause I’m just ranting lol. Both my football teams are frustrating. 😓

Anyways, obviously the whole paying players under the table thing almost certainly still goes on around the country though. If you aren’t playing the game somewhat you are falling behind. It’s like tampering in the NBA offseason. Everyone knows it’s going on. The only rule is basically don’t make it obvious and we won’t have to come down on you for optics sake. To me this whole shenanigans just proves why players should be paid legitimately.

Just checked out USC’s recruiting class and even looking past the #1 recruit in Foreman this class looks pretty good. Don’t know that much about how the transfers from Bama and Texas looked in the year or two at those programs and what I can reasonably expect from them but they could be solid adds at positions where we could use some help with guys leaving . Not sure the Texas safety can play this year though.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy