The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

41 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

5* DE Chris Hinton commits to Michigan. Gives them two early 5* DEs in 2019. Also likely lead for 4* DE George Karlaftis

Hinton's a great pickup if they can hang on to him. Hate seeing an elite kid like that heading north. UM is building some talent up front on defense.

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Hinton's a great pickup if they can hang on to him. Hate seeing an elite kid like that heading north. UM is building some talent up front on defense.

Barring a drastic change at Michigan, I'd be fairly surprised if they didn't. His dad is a Northwestern grad (and former elite OL), and they were looking heavily into places like Michigan and Stanford to get the best mix of academics and athletics. Of course, never say never because anything could happen. 2019 class is looking great early on

Edited by JammerHammer21

41 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Barring a drastic change at Michigan, I'd be fairly surprised if they didn't. His dad is a Northwestern grad (and former elite OL), and they were looking heavily into places like Michigan and Stanford to get the best mix of academics and athletics. Of course, never say never because anything could happen. 2019 class is looking great early on

Yep. Never had any ties with the state of Georgia other than his dad playing for the Falcons. He's a Michigan guy. Dont see him leaving.

48 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Yep. Never had any ties with the state of Georgia other than his dad playing for the Falcons. He's a Michigan guy. Dont see him leaving.

Yeah, definitely seemed like a kid destined to leave. Chris Partridge is killing it down in Georgia. No other obvious leans at this point from top players (I have no idea if Harry Miller or DJ Turner are that good, but each claims a strong offer list and could be a lean), but he's making some serious inroads to at least getting the attention of Georgia prospects.

2 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Yeah, definitely seemed like a kid destined to leave. Chris Partridge is killing it down in Georgia. No other obvious leans at this point from top players (I have no idea if Harry Miller or DJ Turner are that good, but each claims a strong offer list and could be a lean), but he's making some serious inroads to at least getting the attention of Georgia prospects.

A lot of kids are in a wait and see pattern with Kirby. If he can show that he is a good coach, then the recruiting gates will start to flood. There are so many guys in the 18 and 19 class that could/will commit to Georgia, but they want to see Kirby show it on the field.

If this Georgia team is even somewhat successful, then the 2018 class will easily be top 10, and the 2019 class has a chance to be #1 in the nation.

Hell, he already has 3 5* for the 2019 class.

If you want someone from the state of Georgia, you probably need to get in there right now because if this team is successful, no one is leaving the state.

11 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

The Pope commitment with him showing the Gators a lot of love..this has been expected for a while now.

the Florida offer was a BIG deal for him per twitter

I always kind of thought the Chatfield interest had a little to with also helping themselves at getting in on Surtain and Campbell. He just doesn't really have much of a position in this class. He might be best suited as a rush linebacker with his size. OSU has 3 LB commits already and are in on a host of big-time DEs. I'm not sure that he really got processed as much as UF probably, rightly, had more interest and has given him a lot more recent love. It just makes way more sense for him to stay local. Best of luck to him. The Chatfield and Silvera buzz have both largely died down for OSU. Campbell also was trending to OSU, but with the DBs committed between last class and this one, and Cook likely joining down the road, I think those chances might also be low.