The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

Who are some of the guys left you feel good about your school landing? For me its:

3* S Hasaan Hypolite
3* WR Sterling Galban
3/4* WR Drue Jackson (though I'm pretty meh on him)
3* DT Otito Ogbonnia

Other than that, idk. Though a few of our recent commits have been out of left field so that makes me feel better.

More than 75% confident

• 5* QB Justin Fields
  • 5* OG Jamaree Salyer
  • 4* OG Trey Hill
  • 4* RB James Cook
  • 4* S Tyreke Johnson
  • 4* OLB Adam Anderson
  • 4* WR Kearis Johnson
  • 4* CB Gilbert Frierson

descently confident about flipping a couple of defenders committed to out of state schools.

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

More than 75% confident

• 5* QB Justin Fields
  • 5* OG Jamaree Salyer
  • 4* OG Trey Hill
  • 4* RB James Cook
  • 4* S Tyreke Johnson
  • 4* OLB Adam Anderson
  • 4* WR Kearis Johnson
  • 4* CB Gilbert Frierson

descently confident about flipping a couple of defenders committed to out of state schools.

Otis?

Not supremely confident on anyone right now. I feel pretty good about Michigan holding onto Mustapha Muhammad's commitment, but it's not a lock, especially if he doesn't sign during the early period. Josh Jobe is a total tossup. He's in Don Brown territory now, but he may want to stay close to home at Miami. Tyler Friday's recruitment is ridiculously strange. If he seriously chooses Rutgers over Michigan (or PSU, or whoever), I have no idea why he'd do that. Staying close to home is one thing, but for Rutgers at this point? Sheesh. 

Not sure how to feel on holding Otis, though I think they'll hold off Bama for Ekiyor.

5 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Who are some of the guys left you feel good about your school landing? For me its:

3* S Hasaan Hypolite
3* WR Sterling Galban
3/4* WR Drue Jackson (though I'm pretty meh on him)
3* DT Otito Ogbonnia

Other than that, idk. Though a few of our recent commits have been out of left field so that makes me feel better.

Based on what I am hearing Hypolite isnt going to Tech. Its a 3 team race between UH, Colorado and ECU. UH recruiting him as a nickelback. Colorado as a safety and ECU as an OLB. He taking 3 official visits to those 3 schools. 

For USC...

Feel decently comfortable about these guys being Trojans, ranked them by confidence level from top to bottom

Isaac Taylor Stuart, 4/5* CB

Soloman Tuliaupupu, 4* LB

Aashari Crosswell, 4* DB

Jalen Hall, 5* WR

Tommy Togiai, 4* DT

Merlin Robertson, 4* LB

Jeremiah Martin, 4* DE

Elijah Wade, 4* DE

Outside shot with a few bigger names, once again ranked from high to low confidence

Amon-Ra St. Brown, 5* WR

Penei Sewell, 4* OT

Devon Williams, 4* WR

Chase Cota, 4* WR

Olaijah Griffen, 4* DB

Tyreke Smith, 4* DE // Jackson Carman, 5* OT

Out of the first group, if we can land Tui and Robertson to add to a LB that already includes Gaoteote, Raymond Scott, and Bo Calvert that would be an excellent group of guys for Clancy Pendergast's system. The second group, we have a young group of very good WR's as it is so we probably only take 2/3 this class and if it's any combination of Jalen Hall/ASB/Williams/Cota I would be a very happy camper. I don't think our lone current WR commit sticks in Andre Hunt. 

55 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Based on what I am hearing Hypolite isnt going to Tech. Its a 3 team race between UH, Colorado and ECU. UH recruiting him as a nickelback. Colorado as a safety and ECU as an OLB. He taking 3 official visits to those 3 schools. 

He is taking an official visit to Tech 9/2.

Not sure who your sources are but I've been led to believe we're the favorite. We'll see.

4 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

He is taking an official visit to Tech 9/2.

Not sure who your sources are but I've been led to believe we're the favorite. We'll see.

My source is Rob Sellers (writes for Scout and rivals for UH). He interviewed him at his high school on yesterday. I wish I could post the entire article but its preminum board information. He pushed his commitment date back to the 14th of Sept. 

Im willing to bet he will commit to Houston. Plus with that Hightower HS pipeline we have I like our chances. :D

Edited by Texansfan713