Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it’s about increasing versatility.

Carrie was a stud nickel too btw.

Exactly right.  He was arguably the best nickle in the game, but not very good outside.  BBC should be a great utility reserve to fill in at nickle and fs.

• 5 months later...
On 3/14/2018 at 4:29 AM, Fatgerman said:

I resisted the Baker bandwagon for a while, because of a myriad of reasons: size, police incident, Big 12 schemes, Big 12 defenses, Johnny Manziel.

I figured he had a pop-gun arm and easily injured frame because of the height. Thought his absurd completion percentage was all scheme(bubble-screens and short high %throws). Thought his TDs and wins were because of Oklahomas talent advantage over weaker Big 12 teams with cupcake defenses. I thought: police record, he is Johnny, a tiny, lazy, party monster-punk with no integrity.

Then I watched the games, every frickin throw. He IS THE BEST QB this year. Good arm, real zip. Mobile, but with the intent to prolong the play to find a throw, much like Russel Wilson and early Big Ben.

According to every interview Ive seen from people who know him(family, coaches, teammates) he is an extremely committed/hard worker and film junky. Most competitive guy on the field. Awesome leader and teammate. Extremely fast learner with near photographic memory. Learned playbook in less than a week.

And finally, the absolute number one quality required for a QB, thee MOST VITAL trait, first and foremost: Accuracy. Baker is the most naturally accurate, innately accurate, Aaron Rodgers-born accurate, QB prospect in years. His completion% is him, not scheme.

Im willing to bet my rep and place in this forum that in 3 years, he is considered the best QB in this draft, without much debate required. Mark this down. If Im wrong, slam me, ridicule me, kick me in the sack, and I will never post again. I will declare myself a total moron and complete loser as my final post. 

Here it is, gentlemen. And I'll stand by it! 

Archived