Marcus Peters traded to Rams

Chiefs_5627

On 2/27/2018 at 6:31 AM, valkrei said:

New report is saying this was a Clark Hunt move.  Just like Dorsey, Just because your good doesn't mean your safe.

And yet Dorsey didn't want Peters

We sold him low, a horrible strategy for doing business. Rams got a steal, what a waste of a first round pick

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Not waste. We got two good years and some compensation. It's a loss, but not a tragedy. 

J

I have to agree its not a tragedy.  It's very understandable why the compensation was this low, even though we might have been able to get more with some patience but was it enough to waste more time?  

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Eh I'm expecting more than that. Especially with a great player like Marcus. 

The point is that he was not a great player. He was not consistent enough and team oriented enough to be a great player. It's cool. Those flaws are why he was available where we drafted him. 

J

4 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The point is that he was not a great player. He was not consistent enough and team oriented enough to be a great player. It's cool. Those flaws are why he was available where we drafted him. 

J

NFL.com ranked Peters as the 3rd best cornerback in 2017.

Passer rating: 63.4 (fifth) 
Catch rate: 52.7 percent (16th) 
Yards per game: 29.2 (seventh) 
Interception rate: 6.8 percent (fourth)

He also allowed 409yds all season long which was 3rd fewest in the NFL. 2017 was his worst season too. In which he got suspended, had no Berry in the secondary, and the Chiefs didn’t have a consistent pass rush. I personally think Peters is a top 5 cornerback overall and 3 is about right. Not just for 2017 but in general. 

8 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

NFL.com ranked Peters as the 3rd best cornerback in 2017.

Passer rating: 63.4 (fifth) 
Catch rate: 52.7 percent (16th) 
Yards per game: 29.2 (seventh) 
Interception rate: 6.8 percent (fourth)

He also allowed 409yds all season long which was 3rd fewest in the NFL. 2017 was his worst season too. In which he got suspended, had no Berry in the secondary, and the Chiefs didn’t have a consistent pass rush. I personally think Peters is a top 5 cornerback overall and 3 is about right. Not just for 2017 but in general. 

Even without that stats I'd disagree with onejayhawk here. To say he isn't a great player is just wrong. The guy works and plays hard. He creates turnovers at an elite level and he essentially shuts down half of the field. We'll be lucky to get someone who can replicate half of his success with the 2nd or 4th round pick that we got for him.

25 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Even without that stats I'd disagree with onejayhawk here. To say he isn't a great player is just wrong. The guy works and plays hard. He creates turnovers at an elite level and he essentially shuts down half of the field. We'll be lucky to get someone who can replicate half of his success with the 2nd or 4th round pick that we got for him.

I heard a stat that I couldn’t believe but in one season he allowed a QB rating of ZERO when facing AFC West QBs. Like that’s insane if it’s true. Like I still can’t believe it. Ironically he will face AFC West QBs this upcoming season.

10 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I heard a stat that I couldn’t believe but in one season he allowed a QB rating of ZERO when facing AFC West QBs. Like that’s insane if it’s true. Like I still can’t believe it. Ironically he will face AFC West QBs this upcoming season.

PM2 vs MP22  Rock n Roll.

12 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

This is where there is a disconnect. Peters did not work hard consistently. Nor did he play hard consistently. He showed flashes of elite play and took whole games off. That is why he was not an elite player. AS a rookie, it was different. Perhaps it was motivation from his unexpectedly low draft placement. Perhaps it was having Berry at this side every day in practice. Both were missing last fall.

J

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Dolphins have acquired DE Robert Quinn from the Rams.

The Rams are getting back a fourth-rounder in April's draft while the two sides are also exchanging sixth-round picks. Quinn was a first-team All-Pro in 2013 and amassed a whopping 40 sacks between 2012-2014. He missed 15 games in 2015 and 2016 but played in all 16 last season, notching 8.5 sacks as a stand-up 3-4 linebacker. He'll go back to his traditional 4-3 end spot in Miami, joining Cameron Wake and 2017 first-rounder Charles Harris. Quinn, 28 in May, is signed through 2019. The move saves the Rams a much-needed $11.4 million against the cap but creates a gaping edge-rusher hole.

25 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Dolphins have acquired DE Robert Quinn from the Rams.

The Rams are getting back a fourth-rounder in April's draft while the two sides are also exchanging sixth-round picks. Quinn was a first-team All-Pro in 2013 and amassed a whopping 40 sacks between 2012-2014. He missed 15 games in 2015 and 2016 but played in all 16 last season, notching 8.5 sacks as a stand-up 3-4 linebacker. He'll go back to his traditional 4-3 end spot in Miami, joining Cameron Wake and 2017 first-rounder Charles Harris. Quinn, 28 in May, is signed through 2019. The move saves the Rams a much-needed $11.4 million against the cap but creates a gaping edge-rusher hole.

I'd rather have draft picks.  Build this team around pm2.

Last season proved to me that Peters is just way over-hyped. Plus Sutton wouldn't let him play press-man coverage. Sutton made him play off 8-10 yards off the LOS. My guess this is what led to the Peters/Sutton yelling on the sidelines.

Peters couldn't/wouldn't focus. He tackled like a girl. That is to say he couldn't/wouldn't tackle. Peters wanted "splash" plays that would help him personally - like trying to strip the ball instead of stopping the ballcarrier. Peters will never be an elite player like Eric Berry who will do the dirty work of tackling in addition to making splash plays.

KC erred by thinking they could control Peter's childlike emotional outbursts. That Peter's was out of control was known Pre-draft yet KC insisted that taking on trouble was worth a 1st. round pick. Alas, we've traded first round gold for second round silver. The Chiefs war room is as much at fault as Peters himself.

Archived