Why I’m trading up for Bradley Chubb

brownie man

My thought process is after QB at 1 we’re in a great position at 4 to get one of 

Barkley Chubb and Fitz

to me when looking at it Chubb makes the most sense

building our D line as our strength would be a major long term payoff bonus

Chubb Garrett Ogbah on passing downs would be the best young pass rushing trio in the league

Chubb is the perfect compliment at end to Garrett you get your studs on both sides with their different skill sets

again long term payoff he should last longer than Barkley and I’m taking a dominant Dline over stud DBs we’ve already had a top pass defense in 2014 and that didn’t get us anywhere. 

So I’m going to trade pick 65 to flip with Indy at 3 to make sure we secure Chubb

so a quick draft of 

Darnold

Chubb

Sony Michel

Donte Jackson

Tavarus McFadden 

I am SOOOOO torn every time I look at the draft.

When i think that Barkley will be available I think how amazing it would be to have that kind of talent in the backfield and how beneficial it would be to a young QB.

When I think that Chubb will be available I think how amazing it would be to have a pass rushing D-Line that would scare other teams and REALLY make the defensive backs look better.

When I think that Fitzpatrick will be available, I hear everyone talk him up on what a chess piece he is and how much he can QB the defense, and I think we really need someone like that and FS is our biggest weakness other than QB on the team.

Then I think about the possibility of trading #4 for #21, #22 and a future 1st and I salivate at getting Connor WIlliams, Cameron Sutton and having a future first...

I think I would go in exactly this order if I was drafting today, but I'm just SUPER happy we will be in position to take one of them!!!

And to put icing on the cake, we are getting a QB with the #1 pick ALSO!

Please don't screw this up new front office...

Bradley Chubb isn't even close to being worth trading up for. I'm honestly still amazed people think he's a superstar prospect. I'm even more amazed that people want to take a DE so high when we already have two very good young starting DE's when our roster has so many other holes.

No thanks.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Bradley Chubb isn't even close to being worth trading up for. I'm honestly still amazed people think he's a superstar prospect. I'm even more amazed that people want to take a DE so high when we already have two very good young starting DE's when our roster has so many other holes.

No thanks.

people are enamored by sacks, primarily individual sack numbers rather than team numbers. We had 34 on the season which was pretty close to middle of the league, however our two best production guys in Garrett and Ogbah missed a combined 11 games and only played a handful of games with each other. We were only 8 sacks total from being top 10 in the league as a team. If Collins doesn't go down, Ogbah and Garrett have a healthy season together, we probably hit that number. 

To me QB hurries are nearly as important as sacks. 

7 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

people are enamored by sacks, primarily individual sack numbers rather than team numbers. We had 34 on the season which was pretty close to middle of the league, however our two best production guys in Garrett and Ogbah missed a combined 11 games and only played a handful of games with each other. We were only 8 sacks total from being top 10 in the league as a team. If Collins doesn't go down, Ogbah and Garrett have a healthy season together, we probably hit that number. 

To me QB hurries are nearly as important as sacks. 

Yeah but did you see how terrible our pass rush got once Ogbah went down

Nassib is basically non existent we can’t be put in a position to depend on Nassib and Orchard to apply pressure 

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

No thanks.

Same. If all we need is a 3rd DE for the rotation, you can get that in the 2nd or FA.

By far my preference right now is to trade #4 for a pick in the 6-15 range to a team desperately moving up for the QB leavings. Then use that pick on the players of value there at positions we desperately need (CB, WR, FS, etc.)

I'm not sure if the order is somehow mixed up, but if someone gives us a Chubb, and we get a great pass rush, then that is wonderful.  Of course, if we get a great pass rush, someone must have given us a Chubb to make it happen.  The whole thing is so "Chubb worthy." 

It is such a conundrum.  

https://media.tenor.co/images/60c8bb1f756281291789ce171eb55e6d/raw

Seriously though, we put a great pass rush on the field, our secondary improves immensely, even if we don't add much to it.

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

No thanks.

There are not a lot of holes the Browns can fill with that 4th pick unless Barkley is there.

Also if the Browns are drafting to fill holes, that means they are drafting for need and not BPA. Chubb would be BPA there. He might not be a superstar but damn is he good. If add up this draft class and the past 2-3 draft classes. He would have the 2nd best  set of hands right behind Bosa. I think he could be one hell of a strong side DE. He is a Technician when it comes to defending outside leverage. 

Browns draft chubb, yes they might have some holes but they set themselves up to have the best young DL in the league. IMO to be a good 4-3 defense you need 3 good DEs.  

No thanks. As I've said numerous times, I fully believe we need to add another pass rusher, but it's not a need that you address in the top five, and it's arguable if Chubb is even worth a top five pick. Assuming we go with a QB at #1, I'm taking Barkley at #4 or trading down.

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Same. If all we need is a 3rd DE for the rotation, you can get that in the 2nd or FA.

By far my preference right now is to trade #4 for a pick in the 6-15 range to a team desperately moving up for the QB leavings. Then use that pick on the players of value there at positions we desperately need (CB, WR, FS, etc.)

Or some high 2019 picks.

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

No he isn't, and no he isn't.

For that matter, no one in this draft appears to be.

That's why you trade down and not up from 4

Archived